Tolwyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way most people would. By contacting him and asking politely. :)

BTW, it was a nice touch to use his WC2 form for the comm video.

Yea I would agree with you guys on that topic. It was cool that Tolwyn was black in wc2. But then agian i love malcom mcdowel so its kinda a toss up really.

Are you sure about that, I specifically rmember blair being chastised by a black commander at the beginning of wc2 when the tigers claw gets blown up. Mind you i havent played that game since i was about 13.

Tolwyn was affectionately referred to as "Fake N Bake" by the rest of his staff.

Downtown and Doomsday are black:

wc2downtown.gif

wc2doomsday.gif

Tolwyn is not:

wc2tolwyn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
~~~ dude he still looks black. I mean haven't you ever seen a lightish colored black person before? Im sure you all have. Not only that but its the way his face is drawn, he has features (god i hope i dont sound racists) that are common to black peoples facial structure. To illuminate this more, there are a large number of different bone structures within all of humanity, and thats why we get people who sometimes look very much alike. These structures are also defined by ethnic groups and the relative isolation (in old times) of their gene pool.

Black or not in the context of the game means little when he clearly looks black and has the same facial structures that are present in black men.

You can't be serious, he doesn't look even remotely black, he'd sooner pass for an oompa loompa before a black man.

Look at all the Wing Commander II heads together: https://www.wcnews.com/articles/wc2characters.shtml
He's clearly in the same league as most of the 'white' characters... even Paladin appears to have a darker skin tone than tolwyn (with the exception of Minx they all use the same palette for skin tones but arrange them in different areas of the face). The original description of Tolwyn was something along the lines of "a handsome English man in his mid-50s".

Last edited by a moderator:
~~~ dude he still looks black. I mean haven't you ever seen a lightish colored black person before? Im sure you all have. Not only that but its the way his face is drawn, he has features (god i hope i dont sound racists) that are common to black peoples facial structure. To illuminate this more, there are a large number of different bone structures within all of humanity, and thats why we get people who sometimes look very much alike. These structures are also defined by ethnic groups and the relative isolation (in old times) of their gene pool.

Black or not in the context of the game means little when he clearly looks black and has the same facial structures that are present in black men.

suuuuuuurre. Well, you can believe whatever you want if it makes you happy. For all we know, Major Edmond was black. I'm more likely to believe that than for Tolwyn, especially since Malcolm McDowell played him in WC3. Not like they couldn't have found a black actor to play him for WC3 if he was.

Well, you can believe whatever you want if it makes you happy.

Its important that he knows what he wants to believe isnt at all true and that no one will ever be able to appreciate that, since anything more is lying to one degree or another.

Its important that he knows what he wants to believe isnt at all true and that no one will ever be able to appreciate that, since anything more is lying to one degree or another.

It's only important if his opinion is important :p

I mean, it's one guy. Errors in the wikipedia I can understand being upset about - that's mass distribution of non-truth or fancy. But he seems to be alone in his misapprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back