This message board is backwards.

Darkstar said:
Why do I bother? You guys have made up your mind and are unwilling to accept any opposing viewpoint. It's like running into church on Sunday morning and shouting "there is no god!" I'm just wasting my time.

Then I'm sure you wont object to going away and not wasting our time posting to this board.

ChrisReid said:
Then I'm sure you wont object to going away and not wasting our time posting to this board.

Wow. I thought I was going ot get in trouble for saying what I said.
confused.gif
That had to sting Chris.......Good work
smile.gif

BTW Darkstar, were you really expecting to get a warm welcome to something like this, from a bunch of smartasses like myself?
wink.gif

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Striking a man down with your blade is clean and honorable. Shooting him in the back from the darkness of an alley and hurrying to blame it on another was something else altogether.--Darth Vader

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not surprised by that attitude. Usually when I go to some site dedicated to a game and stir things up by asking a blasphemous question they circle the wagons and take on a very defensive stance, as demonstrated by this quote:

Originally posted by ChrisReid:

And considering that this site doesn't take any advertising it's no wonder you only care about the "regulars." I'm sure the administrators would behave differently if you were trying to encourage new users to come to this site.

Don't you understand? Why should they try to plese the people that come here once a day/week, post a little and ask stupid questions about stuff that was covered to death, instead of the many regulars that visit this place couple times each day and post a lot.

Of course he understands, but he's a troll and thus is just trying to cause trouble. Hmm.. to make it official I think I need to cite some rules.. Okay, Darkstar's in violation of Rules 1, 2, 6, 9 and 10. Bye.

Darkstar said:
I'm not surprised by that attitude. Usually when I go to some site dedicated to a game and stir things up by asking a blasphemous question they circle the wagons and take on a very defensive stance, as demonstrated by this quote:

Originally posted by ChrisReid:

And considering that this site doesn't take any advertising it's no wonder you only care about the "regulars." I'm sure the administrators would behave differently if you were trying to encourage new users to come to this site.

I don't want to sound like I'm using power I don't have, but like Chris said, you don't like it, stay at Quake3 and whatever that other board you were boasting about was. I'd imagine the admins do try to encourage new people, in fact, most new people that don't start out with posts like: "Hey, your board's backwards, make it like this other game board so us newbies will have it easier!" Anyway, most every that doesn't say something along those lines is in good shape. And a comment on your advertising quote. Why would a site want to be advertised? Nobody ever looks at them anyway, and they'd just make the pages with advertisements look like crap. Maybe you've been hanging around geocities and angelfire sites too long if you think a site needs advertising to survive......

PS: Sorry Chris, I know this should have been ended with your post. I'll try harder to resist...next time
wink.gif

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Striking a man down with your blade is clean and honorable. Shooting him in the back from the darkness of an alley and hurrying to blame it on another was something else altogether.--Darth Vader

[This message has been edited by Knight (edited March 16, 2000).]

Actually, Kalkrath, rule 9 refers to any disagreements one might have with the Admin; perhaps it's not phrased quite right, but heck. Nobody said they were perfect.
Anyway, let's not waste any more of our breath over a now-deceased troll. May he rest in peace... somewhere very far away.

No, it isn't. And now that the tide in this war has turned, Darkstar's defiance is a pathetic and useless gesture...

That made no sense whatsoever, I know. But I just felt like quoting My Prince
smile.gif
. Anyway, yes, the announcement is here to stay.

Quarto said:
No, it isn't. And now that the tide in this war has turned, Darkstar's defiance is a pathetic and useless gesture...

Ah, damn, we're at war!? Let's nuke the bastards! (Sorry, I have a tendency to want to nuke bastards...)

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

We're always at war. For beyond the thin red line, thousands of trolls watch us with hungry eyes, slobbering on their keyboards - just waiting for a chance to turn this board into another troll-domain.
But fear not, for whenever a troll should stumble into this peaceful land, We shall destroy him using any means required.

[Hehe. Enjoyed writing that.
smile.gif
]

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Down with the trolls!
bulbasaur.gif
hehe j/k

Let's nuke the bastards! (Sorry, I have a tendency to want to nuke bastards
Was this in any way, shape, or form related to Hawks statement "Shoot the bastards!"?

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited March 18, 2000).]

Death's Head said:
[B Was this in any way, shape, or form related to Hawks statement "Shoot the bastards!"?

[/B]

Nope. We need to do a whole lot more than simply shoot the bastards... But I kid.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Back