Things you'd like to see in Star Citizen

Oooh Victory! I like that! Dunno tho, might want to stick with whatever naming convention other carriers in Sq42 go by... (Paul Steed being the only example so far huh).

I really hope they stick to established military lingo & conventions for the social aspect. So instead of 'Clans' or whatever, groups are organised as 'Squadrons' and/or 'Flights' - surely that makes more sense. That way, social groups both large and small can be organised, and a large group (such as ours) could operate as a 'Wing', with several 'Squadrons' organsed into 'Flights'. This could indicate country of origin for members, or even just friend groups...

Oooh Victory! I like that! Dunno tho, might want to stick with whatever naming convention other carriers in Sq42 go by... (Paul Steed being the only example so far huh).

I really hope they stick to established military lingo & conventions for the social aspect. So instead of 'Clans' or whatever, groups are organised as 'Squadrons' and/or 'Flights' - surely that makes more sense. That way, social groups both large and small can be organised, and a large group (such as ours) could operate as a 'Wing', with several 'Squadrons' organsed into 'Flights'. This could indicate country of origin for members, or even just friend groups...

I agree that clans, when formed, should first pick the type of group and then the game would provide a structure to name the clan. Examples would be:
Financial: Corporation, Inc., Ltd., Consortium...
Religious: Church, Order, Cult, Coven...
Military: the game should add the name itself according to the size of the clan (i.e. Wing, Flight Group, Squadron, Fleet...)
Union: Guild, Union, Association, Alliance...
Crime: Clan, Gang, Band, Pack...

Yeah...that could be a fly in the ointment. Though the name Paul Steed doesn't really make much sense for a Bengal-class ship; you'd think ships of the class would be named after cats, or perhaps breeds of tigers. If the same naming convention for ships that was used in WC is used in SC (namely that you could name a ship pretty much however the hell you wanted to), Victory should be just fine.

Eh...we should probably wait and see (and in the meantime think of more candidate names). Or we could ask - I don't know how far they've gotten with universe development so far, but they might be able to give us the names of a few other Bengals that are in the universe so far.

Though the name Paul Steed doesn't really make much sense for a Bengal-class ship; you'd think ships of the class would be named after cats, or perhaps breeds of tigers

Never seen a Kipling or a Trafalgar in the zoo.. ;)

If the big ships are as customizable as the fighters then I say we convert a cruiser into a light carrier and name it Fralthi.

Or convert it into a destroyer, but in French, then to a cruiser in German, then into a battleship in French, then finally into a carrier in English. It would probably come out as a whittled-down toy sailboat, which was originally bigger and had paint until your uncle whittled it down.

I was going to post a link to something the Blame Society folks did a few years back involving translation from English to French to German to French to English (thus helping to explain the first part of my initial, incoherent paragraph), but I can't find the damn thing...

So...........never mind, I guess.

Ah...wait a minute: here we go.

I did the same thing with your post and this is what i got:

Or convert them to a destroyer, but in English, then a cruiser in German, then in a battleship in English, then in support of the France. It would be probably as a shortcut down toy sailboat that was originally wider and paint until it reduces your uncle.

I wanted to post a link to something people blame the society a few years on the translation of the German French English French-English (post to explain the first part of my initial, inconsistent paragraph), but I can't find the damn thing...

Then think... in any case, I.

Oh... wait a minute: here we go.

capi3101 said:
I wanted to post a link to something people blame the society a few years on the translation of the German French English French-English (post to explain the first part of my initial, inconsistent paragraph), but I can't find the damn thing...

HAHAHAHA!!!

What a new language: the German French English French-English

Just heard about this game.

I've never got into multiplayer or stuff like that all that much, so I hope there's a good single player space sim campaign.

If the big ships are as customizable as the fighters then I say we convert a cruiser into a light carrier and name it Fralthi.
I'm personally planning to someday convert a frigate or destroyer to a carrier if I can do so without reducing its weapons to the point of uselessness should an enemy get close. Something like the Price of Freedom novelization's Intrepid would be fun.

I know Star Citizen will be an awesomely epic game in its own right, but getting to think about what kind of mods it might have... I can't wait!

Commenting on a much older post, I would really enjoy playing a support/sar role. Speaking as someone who played medic in tf2 for years... I got a kick out of being thanked for stuff online occasionally, in between being screamed at by 14 yr olds for not über-ing them all the time.

Back