The price for each retail Wing Commander 4!

Originally posted by Preacher
Got you beat!; Here's my list (all are PC titles, and most gotten from local bargain bins/flea markets/the computer show that comes 'round here once a month):

Wing Commander I: $5 (got 3 copies, 2 on CD, one floppy-based; all bought at different times but all for the same price!)

WC1 Add-ons (SM1&2): $10

Wing Commander II Deluxe: $5-10 (have 2 copies, one brand new)

WC Armada: $10 (2 copies; one floppy & one CD)

WC Academy: $14

Wing Commander III: The Heart of the Tiger: ~$8 (bought as part of a 3-title set that sold for $25 new)

Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom $20

Wing Commander IV double-sided DVD: $1

Wing Commander: Prophecy: Free (Brand New, was a Christmas gift)

Wing Commander: Prophecy Gold: Net price $10 (paid $20, then sold original WCP to a friend for $10)

Wing Commander Movie: $3 (Ex Rental)

Actualy my Prophecy was free too, since it was a Christmas Gift :D

Originally posted by Karthik@KANE
Eh, really? What game made them lose alot of money?

Since WC3 sold 700,000 copies, how many copies were sold for WC4?

Erm, EA bought Origin in late 1991 -- long before WC3 or WC4 were made. The first WC game published under the EA banner was the second pressing of WC2 Deluxe. Origin was in trouble monetarily not because of one specific game, but because it wasn't economically feasible for a small company to self publish.

(WC4, incidentally, almost certainly lost a boatload of money... not because of poor sales, but because it cost so much to make.)

Originally posted by SyyBorg
i heard WC3 was the third best selling game for 3do, next to space hulk and road rash

WC3 for the 3DO sold systems. They did an amazing job porting it over. Twas very impressive.

Space Hulk ruled, as well. Incredibly atmospheric game. As for other good 3DO games, the entire Shockwave series was nice and the FPS Killing Time was awesome.

It's a true shame WC4 never got ported over to the 3DO. WC4 was supposed to hit the 3DO... but PSX and Saturn stole the market and left 3DO to drop out... and make Army Men games :(

Back