The price for each retail Wing Commander 4!

Re: Re: The price for each retail Wing Commander 4!

Originally posted by cff
Possible of it was some special edition. I bough my standard one for about $70, which was anout the normal price of PC games back then in Austria. Today they are a bit cheaper ($45-50 or so), but in many cases it is actually cheaper to import (at least as long as the EURO stays that high as it is right now). Plus you get the English version and not some translated garbage.
Thank God they stopped doing it here in Malaysia! People puked at the translations here :eek: !

Originally posted by Shaggy
I paid around $110 dollars for a Premiere Edition WC3. The cool thing was I bought it directly from Origin about four or five years after the game originally came out.:cool:

As of three years ago you could still call EA Direct, pick the service line instead of the sales line and ask them to check their computer -- they had a bunch of old Origin titles still in stock (WC3 Premiere, Bioforge, Wings of Glory and Ultima IX, IIRC).

They should release all WC in a big box and call it WC Saga Advanced Mega Gold Platinum and sell it for US$ 195,99. I'm not sure if it would make a lot of money, but it would be very cool.

Originally posted by Delance
They should release all WC in a big box and call it WC Saga Advanced Mega Gold Platinum and sell it for US$ 195,99. I'm not sure if it would make a lot of money, but it would be very cool.

I'd rather have it on DVD set! With WC3, 4 and Prophercy having MPEG2 or MPEG4(DIVX MPEG2 quality) movies! Of course they have to do something about the game engine. FSAA for WC1 and 2! And accelrated option for the other 3 games!

You can have it DVD, but what do you have against the mega box? They could put a lot of cool stuff inside. What about a special edition leather jacket?

Well seeing how the jeans are pressurized, it negates the necessity for space underwear. Although a pair of Confed, military-issue boxers would nicely compliment any pair of "retro," pressurized space jeans :p

I'm still in awe that I managed to buy KS off a guy for ten bucks *lol* he even threw in WC4 at no extra charge, he figured a game as old as that wasn't worth anything... Too bad he didn't have two, I could have been Ebay rich now!

Originally posted by Karthik@KANE
It's kinda weird you know! Command & Conquer(the first one) still can be found in stores but WC4....only can be found in auction sites!

And I speak for myself when I say, "Screw stupid Command & Conquer, give us WC back!"

Originally posted by T8H3X11
And I speak for myself when I say, "Screw stupid Command & Conquer, give us WC back!"

You know it's kind of ironic isn't it? When Westwood was with Virgin, they produced better titles and spinoffs(Red Alert). But when EA took over, they started to go downhill. I fell that EA wasn't giving them enough time to develop their games. I'm glad they have Mark Skaggs and Harvard Bonin with them(although the new Generals seem to be abit contrevasial to fans) they seem to churn up good games within 2 years.

I wonder if Origin would have done better if they went solo?

Originally posted by gryphon
I'm still in awe that I managed to buy KS off a guy for ten bucks *lol* he even threw in WC4 at no extra charge, he figured a game as old as that wasn't worth anything... Too bad he didn't have two, I could have been Ebay rich now!

...and what year was this????

I wonder if Origin would have done better if they went solo?

Origin was very close to going out of business before they were purchased by EA. Without EA you *probably* wouldn't have seen any more WC games after WC2 -- you *certainly* wouldn't have seen anything on the scale of WC3 or 4 (made with EA's money) or anything 'experimental' like Armada...

Originally posted by TopGun
The prices I paid for my WC Stuff are:

Wing Commander I (3 3/4 DOS Disk): £1.25
Wing Commander II: Vengence if the Kilrathi:
(3 3/4 DOS Disk): £1.25
(Deluxe CD-ROM): £5 (Brand New)
Wing Commander III: The Heart of the Tiger (Playstation): £10
Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom (Playstation): £10
Wing Commander: Prophecy: £5 (Brand New):
Wing Commander Movie: £7.99 (Ex Rental)
Got you beat!; Here's my list (all are PC titles, and most gotten from local bargain bins/flea markets/the computer show that comes 'round here once a month):

Wing Commander I: $5 (got 3 copies, 2 on CD, one floppy-based; all bought at different times but all for the same price!)

WC1 Add-ons (SM1&2): $10

Wing Commander II Deluxe: $5-10 (have 2 copies, one brand new)

WC Armada: $10 (2 copies; one floppy & one CD)

WC Academy: $14

Wing Commander III: The Heart of the Tiger: ~$8 (bought as part of a 3-title set that sold for $25 new)

Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom $20

Wing Commander IV double-sided DVD: $1

Wing Commander: Prophecy: Free (Brand New, was a Christmas gift)

Wing Commander: Prophecy Gold: Net price $10 (paid $20, then sold original WCP to a friend for $10)

Wing Commander Movie: $3 (Ex Rental)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Origin was very close to going out of business before they were purchased by EA. Without EA you *probably* wouldn't have seen any more WC games after WC2 -- you *certainly* wouldn't have seen anything on the scale of WC3 or 4 (made with EA's money) or anything 'experimental' like Armada...

Eh, really? What game made them lose alot of money?

Since WC3 sold 700,000 copies, how many copies were sold for WC4?

Originally posted by Preacher
Got you beat!; Here's my list (all are PC titles, and most gotten from local bargain bins/flea markets/the computer show that comes 'round here once a month):

Wing Commander IV double-sided DVD: $1

A dollar! Tell me, is that the Price of Freedom, Admiral?

Back