Suggestions for Freelancer>>>Privateer

It's also worth noting that the cost of MilSpec spacecraft is exponentially higher than those designed for civilian use. A slinky little Hornet costs more than twice as much as a Centurion -- and top of the line fighters have been known to cost as much as $50 million credits.

Which is odd, since the Centurion is markably superior in many ways to dated military craft.

I think that's only how it appears in the game. Also, it's not like they sell Centurions together with huge blasters.

What WC fighter cost 50 million credits (not dollars ;))?

Originally posted by scheherazade
2) above foreign capabilities (f18, etc), you can buy them, but you can NOT export them, or leave the country in them.

Isn't "leaving the country" with a fighter potentially one the most important reasons you have a fighter in the first place?

Dunno, but a fully loaded carrier costs 70 million Confederate dollars.

According to Fleet Action, a fleet carrier costs 73 billion credits, plus another 10 billion for a full complement of fighters.

What WC fighter cost 50 million credits (not dollars )?

The Wildcat-class fighter from Action Stations costs 50 million credits. As for the unit of currency (wait, why did you even bring it up?), Armada uses 'dols' instead of credits... so who knows.

Which is odd, since the Centurion is markably superior in many ways to dated military craft.

Scientist 1: Here's the new ship I invented! It costs 50 million credits!
PR Guy: I don't think so -- in 20 or 30 years, there might be a markably superior ship! It should cost less!

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Scientist 1: Here's the new ship I invented! It costs 50 million credits!
PR Guy: I don't think so -- in 20 or 30 years, there might be a markably superior ship! It should cost less!

Except very few things maintain the same price for 30 years!

(And if they do, inflation usually kciks in in the ballsack)

Inflation is probably a bad thing to bring up when you're trying to prove that something that had previously been extremely expensive should now be affordable :).

Originally posted by Bob McDob
Except very few things maintain the same price for 30 years!

(And if they do, inflation usually kciks in in the ballsack)

The point isn't that Wildcats will cost 50 million credits in 2669 -- they're museum pieces in that era... but their *equivalent*, the Excalibur or the Thunderbolt will cost a similar amount. (Heck, dividing ten billion by 100 will suggest that fighters cost even *more* in the late-war era...).

Originally posted by Quarto
The point isn't that Wildcats will cost 50 million credits in 2669 -- they're museum pieces in that era... but their *equivalent*, the Excalibur or the Thunderbolt will cost a similar amount. (Heck, dividing ten billion by 100 will suggest that fighters cost even *more* in the late-war era...).

Who said anything about Excaliburs or Thunderbolts?

For that matter, nobody explained how the hell the pirates in WingIV got Thunderbolts. Even if they're ostensibly your allies, giving criminals front-line military craft to them is a very very (very) stupid thing to do.

Wow, apparently I'm LOAF. Or LOAF is me. Or something :p.

Giving front-line craft to criminals is actually a very, very, very smart thing to do. A bunch of pirates could never be even a moderate threat once Tolwyn had permission to go after the Border Worlds with full strength - and until then, the stronger the pirate/BW threat (since the Senate was convinced they were one and the same) was, the better his chances of getting the war he wanted.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
As for the unit of currency (wait, why did you even bring it up?), Armada uses 'dols' instead of credits... so who knows.
Oh, well, you said dollars and credits together in the same statement (seemingly contradictory), so I thought it was a mistake. Sorry.

Based on writings in Victory Streak, I've come to believe "dols" or "Confederation Dollars" to be slang for UNation Dollers, the official currency of the Earth government ... and, presumably, credits being more or less standard throughout the rest of the Confederation. Much like how Britain has been reluctant to convert to the Euro.

Mmm, I vaguely remember dollars in Victory Streak, but where are Confederation Dollars and UN Dollars mentioned?

Based on writings in Victory Streak, I've come to believe "dols" or "Confederation Dollars" to be slang for UNation Dollers, the official currency of the Earth government ... and, presumably, credits being more or less standard throughout the rest of the Confederation. Much like how Britain has been reluctant to convert to the Euro.

My copy (well, copies, many many copies) of Victory Streak refers to them as UNation Credits, not dollars. In the 'investment guide' section.

Giving front-line craft to criminals is actually a very, very, very smart thing to do. A bunch of pirates could never be even a moderate threat once Tolwyn had permission to go after the Border Worlds with full strength - and until then, the stronger the pirate/BW threat (since the Senate was convinced they were one and the same) was, the better his chances of getting the war he wanted.

I don't believe that those with the Thunderbolts were really pirates, anyway -- *real* pirates wouldn't have 'died well', choosing to die rather than talk to Blair.

Is there any way to get that ship pack to work with FLMM i tried putting it in the folder and everything worked fine up until i got into the game and launched off planet manhatten then i got an error and it ended up kicking me out of the game

Bandit LOAF said:
I don't believe that those with the Thunderbolts were really pirates, anyway -- *real* pirates wouldn't have 'died well', choosing to die rather than talk to Blair.

What?

Back