Star Wars thread of great justice!

And, by the Force, I HATE that Dark Empire comic. It's written like the worst fanfic.
It's got every single stupid bad fanfic cliche in it. I know SW is not really a place to look for good writing, but Dark Empire takes the cake.

Just asking, both Loaf and Edfilho, how has Dark Empire not aged well?

Dark Empire did all the stuff that bad fanfic does now -- bringing the Emperor back as a clone, giant super super Star Destroyers, a massive plot that should reshape the Star Wars universe entirely but doesn't... reading it today makes it seem pretty shameless -- but you have to remember that it did all those things *first*.

Dark Empire did all the stuff that bad fanfic does now -- bringing the Emperor back as a clone, giant super super Star Destroyers, a massive plot that should reshape the Star Wars universe entirely but doesn't... reading it today makes it seem pretty shameless -- but you have to remember that it did all those things *first*.

So, they were original in being really bad? jeje... it's nice to read, if you don't mind the plot... jeje

Really now, it was fun to read in a time I had moths without hearing about star wars, but nothing else

Yeah... back then you didn't have some giant new Star Wars story every three minutes -- it's the product of a different era.

Let me guess, another day in Star Wars, eh?

Despite it's questionable quality, it's still not as consistantly awful as any of the K.W. Jeter or Michael J. Anderson novels either.

Jeter wrote one of the strangest Star Trek novels -- the first (and for the longest time only) DS9 hardcover, Warped.

May I ask what was so strange about it? Also, I havent read Dark Empire, but I kinda want to now. Besides, unlike the Sovereighs(hey guys, lets make undergunned and smaller Eclipses, man!) The Eclipse to me strikes a definate identity of a goast ship. (maybe I like the color black... hey dont look at me like that>_>!)

TIE Fighter pilot = Suicidal
TIE Defender pilot = Bloodthirsty
TIE Interceptor pilot = Suicidal and Bloodthirsty

X-Wing = Overrated
Y-Wing = Chug Chug
A-Wing = Does this come with airbags?
B-wing = In the name of the hyperdrive, the proton torpredos and the living force

What is your favorite Star Wars ships? Can post anyone. personaly, my favorites are the Eclipse class SSD, X-wing, TIE intercepter, Imperial class, Victory class Star destroyers. Oh, with the Eclipse, I have one thing to say: Tyrantmobile FTW!:D

BTW, just say whats your favorite looking ship, no power/dicksizing contests, please.

My favourite fighters were definately the TIE series, although I've always loved the X-Wing and A-Wing. Alot of those favourites came out of playing the game TIE Fighter, as well as the various X-Wing games, of course.

TIE Fighter was much better though.

Cheers,

Red Coat

Gotta admit, my favorite SW novels were the Heir to the Empire Trilogy (Timothy Zahn's first novels), the X-wing series were all entertaining (at least 1-4, not as big a fan of 5-9), and the Han Solo Trilogy series was also pretty good (actually there are 2 Han Solo trilogy's, and both are pretty entertaining).

Now some not so faves...

The Corellian Trilogy was mediocre, the Black fleet crisis was just painful. Many of the rest were simply forgettable, unfortunately.

Many of the rest were simply forgettable, unfortunately.

I agree on that. The single exception I've found lately were the Republic Commando novels by Karen Travis, which I found to be outstanding (especially if you enjoyed the game like I did)

...the Han Solo Trilogy series was also pretty good (actually there are 2 Han Solo trilogy's, and both are pretty entertaining).

The actual "Han Solo Trilogy" (not the "Han Solo Adventures" series) is my absolute favorite SW story (outside the movies of course). Naturally I'm biased since Han's my favorite character, but even if he wasn't, I'm pretty sure I would still consider it quite the read.

the X-wing series were all entertaining (at least 1-4, not as big a fan of 5-9)

I haven't played through them all, just all the TIE Fighter ones, I'm assuming you've played both games, so which one is better?

Cheers,

I really liked the last X-Wing (X-Wing: Alliance), but I felt the story just kinda crapped out at the very end, with no resolution. Other than that it was really fun.

I thought he was talking about the X-Wing books.

My favorites are definitely the Heir to the Empire Trilogy. I stopped reading Starwars books after a while though mostly because I thought it got tiring having the fate of the galaxy hang by a thread in every story.

Ah, you're right, I should have read the original post. I just read Red Coat's response without actually reading the post the quote came from.

Ya LeHa both the game and books of Republic Commandos were good.

I'm looking forward to the Force Unleashed game.

I also like the sith craft from KotOR.

And all the cloaked ships from Rebel Assault 2 (I forgot did they cloak a Star Destroyer in it?)

Back