Star Wars thread of great justice!

Thanks man, I owe you. Interesting, but for me, never beats the Tyrantmobile.:D
Anyways, it seems that the Sovereign is more of a median SSD between the Executor and the Eclipse, More power(if not nessarily better) than than the Executor, but not as powerful as Eclipse, interesting...Also, not to be an asshole, the Executor IS 19KM LONG!! *urgh*
I think i'm now higher ranked than Mcgruff...

Sovereigns were in production during the "Dark Empire" comic book series if anyone is interested in checking it out.. Dark Horse comics IIRC..

its a pretty good series for a starwars nut

Tyrant:

The only game I used to have until 2000 was X-wing (then I bought Wing Commander and other games at CompUsa). The x-wing has holes in the aiming system. You fire and the laser will go at an angle. A tie fighter could be right in front of you and you could still miss because of the gun placement.

Y-Wing. Not as glamorous as an X-wing but could get the job done. I wish they would have showed more of this ship in both ANH and ROJ. I think the real reason I like this craft is it was the first ship i got the toy of when i was a kid in the 80s, and the only actual spaceship. The other ship i got to go with my star wars figures was the Snowspeeder.

Tyrant:

The only game I used to have until 2000 was X-wing (then I bought Wing Commander and other games at CompUsa). The x-wing has holes in the aiming system. You fire and the laser will go at an angle. A tie fighter could be right in front of you and you could still miss because of the gun placement.

Interseting, but we also have to realize that the X-Wing was more of an everymans fighter, While the A-wing was a purly dedicated interceptor. Still, I never knew the X-wings Aiming system was THAT bad.

well after a while the pilot would get used to it.

I would imagine that a pilot could adjust his aiming system to his own preference

the only thing I give to starwars is the skantily clad women. If wing commander had them I would never ever go back to the bar looking for sub par women that a few brews could bring up to snuff. Wait dont tell my girlfriend I said that =X

I'm gonna go with LeHah and say the YT-1300, but the X-wing would be a close second for me.

I would imagine that a pilot could adjust his aiming system to his own preference

Yeah you could even do it in the old games. I used to love being able to set the lasers at max convergence to nail TIE fighters at extreme range and then switching it to short range with just the push of a button.

The TIE interceptor on the imperial side.
The X-wing on the Republic side.. (what the hell is the feature of opening and closing those S-foils in the game good for anyway????)

As to overpowered craft, how about the imperial missile boat?

another weird feature in TIE fighter, you could load your TIE fighter with 2 heavy bombs and knock out a capship in seconds, that was a bit odd.

TIE Fighter pilot = Suicidal
TIE Defender pilot = Bloodthirsty
TIE Interceptor pilot = Suicidal and Bloodthirsty

'Nuff said, Interceptor all the way!!!

Tyrant:

Then it's not the aiming system, it's the gun placement :)

And, by the Force, I HATE that Dark Empire comic. It's written like the worst fanfic.
It's got every single stupid bad fanfic cliche in it. I know SW is not really a place to look for good writing, but Dark Empire takes the cake.

OTOH, the trilogy about the lost clone ships, where Mara Jade appears for the first time, that one is quite decent. Pity that it doesn't fit really well with the prequel movies. But that's the risk of doing EU stuff.

Oh, yeah, favorite ship: I partial to the classic X-Wing, but all -wing ships and TIEs have their charm. I even like the Gunboat.

I also think that the jedi fighters are quite nifty.

And, by the Force, I HATE that Dark Empire comic. It's written like the worst fanfic.
It's got every single stupid bad fanfic cliche in it. I know SW is not really a place to look for good writing, but Dark Empire takes the cake.

In defense of Dark Empire, it *was* something special when it came out... it just hasn't stood the test of time very well.

Back