Songs that you wish were on any WC soundtrack.

Originally posted by Maniac II
You know the only Homeworld game i own is Cataclysm (Sp?)....does that make me a heathen in the eyes of a homeworld fan? But seriously... anyone who is a homeworld fan... how good is that one in comparison with the others? for that matter how many are there?

Well, there's the original.
I haven't played the full version of Cataclysm, but it was made by a different company and had a different feel to it IMO

Yes, Wagner is very good. Ride of the Valkyries in Apocalypse Now (aircavalary attack scene) is in my opinion best picture - music combination ever made.

Snoop Dogg:
I Miss That Bitch (featuring E-White)
You Got What I Want (featuring Ludacris, Goldie Loc, Uncle Charlie Wilson)
Pimp Slapp'd

Nate Dogg:
Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Keep It G.A.N.G.S.T.A.

Bone Thugs-N-Harmony :
Cleveland Is the City

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Fitting for Tolwyn if you ask me.

I asume you think its fitting only because of the film connection and not the actual musical consuetudinary.

Yeah, something like that. I find it to be lampooned for tyrants and their ilk, one example Burns off The Simpsons plays it when he done some army thing or another. Your views on Tolwyn may differ, but as well as being used for tyrants, Apocalypse Now, if I remember correctly, was about exterminating someone who went mad. This certainly fits the psychotic characters Malcom McDowell has play such as Alex, Generations' Sauron, and argueably Tolwyn.

Yeah, something like that. I find it to be lampooned for tyrants and their ilk, one example Burns off The Simpsons plays it when he done some army thing or another. Your views on Tolwyn may differ, but as well as being used for tyrants, Apocalypse Now, if I remember correctly, was about exterminating someone who went mad. This certainly fits the psychotic characters Malcom McDowell has play such as Alex, Generations' Sauron, and argueably Tolwyn.

But I was talking about a single scene. For those who haven`t watched it or don`t remember it: Aircavalary regiment is ordered to attack seashore Vietcong owned village. They fly their helicopters above sea and just before the attack their commander orders them to turn on the music from loudspeakers mounted on the helicopters - it is Wagner`s Ride of the Valkyries - and then they attack with that music in the background. The effect is great - in my opinion the film is worth watching even for this single scene only. And the music could fit in almost any simulator or space combat game.

I seem to recall a game a few years back, gosh must be somthing like 7 or 8 years because it was on the 3DO (remember those), where they used Ride of the Valkeries when you launch a helicopter. In fact, IIRC, the used a number of clasical piece such as the William Tell Overture and other. No other come to mind by title at the moment. IIRC it was called Return Fire

Your views on Tolwyn may differ, but as well as being used for tyrants, Apocalypse Now, if I remember correctly, was about exterminating someone who went mad. This certainly fits the psychotic characters Malcom McDowell has play such as Alex, Generations' Sauron, and argueably Tolwyn.

But Kilgore's helicopter attack had nothing to do with the mission to take out Kurtz; Captain Willard was just hitching a ride down the river. So... how can you compare Tolwyn to Kurtz with a peice of music that has nothing to do with either of them. :confused:

Originally posted by Dominator
But I was talking about a single scene. For those who haven`t watched it or don`t remember it: Aircavalary regiment is ordered to attack seashore Vietcong owned village. They fly their helicopters above sea and just before the attack their commander orders them to turn on the music from loudspeakers mounted on the helicopters - it is Wagner`s Ride of the Valkyries - and then they attack with that music in the background. The effect is great - in my opinion the film is worth watching even for this single scene only. And the music could fit in almost any simulator or space combat game.

Oh, that's gotta be worth watching.

Originally posted by Bobbo1701
I seem to recall a game a few years back, gosh must be somthing like 7 or 8 years because it was on the 3DO (remember those), where they used Ride of the Valkeries when you launch a helicopter. In fact, IIRC, the used a number of clasical piece such as the William Tell Overture and other. No other come to mind by title at the moment. IIRC it was called Return Fire

Yep, there was also one called Air Calvery, if I recall.

Some of John Williams movie music would be cool. Imagine the Jaws Theme while hunting Kilrathi. Or Star Wars music for the big battles. The Indana Jones theme would be good for the return to base/victory song.

Nothing, Delance, but that's not the topic of this thread!

THere are too many songs that would do WC justice for me to write themm all here.

Well, I used to play WC1 with "Tusk", from Fleetwood Mac, before I had my Sound Blaster. Also, some music from Top Gun (Danger Zone, Mighty Wings, Through the Fire). Lots of other stuff, some Brazilian rock too.

Originally posted by Delance
Well, I used to play WC1 with "Tusk", from Fleetwood Mac, before I had my Sound Blaster. Also, some music from Top Gun (Danger Zone, Mighty Wings, Through the Fire). Lots of other stuff, some Brazilian rock too.

Ah, Top Gun. See how many referrences to it you can spot in Wing Commander.

Back