Songs that you wish were on any WC soundtrack.

Bobbo1701

Spaceman
What song or songs do you wish were used in any WC game? For me, I just playex through WC4 with the music of Evanescence, a new band out of Little Rock, Arkansas, playing in the back ground and it was sweet. Especially they're song Bring Me to Life For those of you who may not know them they have 2 songs on the Daredevil soundtrack. They're great and the lead singer is hot hot hot.

Rammsteins "Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen" (german= Do you want to see the bed in flames)

How about Kid Rock's Lonely Road of Faith for the history of Wing Commander? There's a similar video on the history of the WWF that works real well, and I think a video spanning nearly three decades of history would be way cool.

How about my Unknown Enemy music :p

Ok, now that that plug's over with - that's a tough one. I think some of the more moddern classical stuff, like Rachmoninoff or Barber would be nice. Maybe some of the stuff from movie soundtracks like The Rock. I never could imagine WC being set to jazz, rock, hip hop, or anything else. In my mind, it jsut doesn't fit - but that's my opinion.

Originally posted by Filler
I agree.
I'm rather fond of my Homeworld soundtrack :)

You know the only Homeworld game i own is Cataclysm (Sp?)....does that make me a heathen in the eyes of a homeworld fan? But seriously... anyone who is a homeworld fan... how good is that one in comparison with the others? for that matter how many are there?

(Sorry for the topic drift)

Oh yes, I love The Rock. The chase through San Francisco was really cool with the music, as was the section in the tunnels (where Mason lights that guy on fire) and when the FA\18's drop the Thermite. And for things like rock music not being appropriate, well, I felt Creed's My Sacrifice for Heaven's Gate was fitting.

Most of Hans Zimmer`s music is good, not only from The Rock, but also Crimson Tide (my favourite), Black Hawk Down, Gladiator, Broken Arrow, Pearl Harbour.

Here's a few of my peronal picks:

AC/DC
Shoot To Thrill
Heatseeker
Safe In New York City

Just about anything from Cobalt 60 ( You know somebody would list them):D

Metallica
Hero Of The Day
Fuel
-Human
No Leaf Clover
Don't Tread On Me

Motley Crue
Kickstart My Heart
Dr. Feelgood

Those are my picks, oh and War Pigs would probably fit well to.;)

Dvorak's Symphony No. 9 "The New World".

Strangely, its briefly sampled in WC:ATV.

Since Metallica was brought up, Unforgiven is apt for a few choice characters. Maybe Losing My Religion for the bar scenes as well, and Soundgarden, Therapy?, Monster Magnet, Paw, Hammerbox and Swervedriver, as they did the cool tunes for Road Rash and was out at the same time as SWC\HOTT.

Originally posted by LeHah
Dvorak's Symphony No. 9 "The New World".

Strangely, its briefly sampled in WC:ATV.

I can't believe I forgot about Dvorak! His 9th is my favorite symphony. It, and some of his other stuff, would work perfectly in a WC game. Some Wagner may be nice too....

Where was it in WC:ATV? I don't remember hearing it.

Metallica:
The Memory Remains
King Nothing
Ain't My Bitch
For Whom the Bell Tolls

Van Halen:
Eruption (Eddie's insanely fast guitar solo)

Holocaust:
Hell On Earth
Trancendance
Fundamentalist

StaticX:
Push It

maybe some of the ones on "the One" soundtrack... if any of you have it i think track #5 and mabye the last track would be awsome... and a few others

Originally posted by Needaham45
Where was it in WC:ATV? I don't remember hearing it.

16:35 into "The Last One Left" has a brief cut of Dvorak's 9th Symphony, First Movement. Check about 54 seconds into the peice to hear that famliar string/woodwind hit and then listen to the music in the episode. The same cue is used in later episodes as well.

I think Dvorak's "Slavonic Dance No.1" would be one of those weird "happy music/ terrible war" things. I'd really like to see it used in such a context.

Some Wagner may be nice too....

Some Strauss would be really good as well. He had a great understanding of heroic string usage.

I agree about Strauss. In fact, I was just thinking a bit, and some other names I think may be good/interesting are Stravinski (Firebird Suite) and Sibelius (Finlandia).

I'll have to check out "The Last One Left". Thanks.

Back