Someone Got His Wires Macrossed (November 10, 2006)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!

Bob McDob has found an interesting anime music video which puts the Wing Commander movie's audio over animated footage from the Macross TV series. Here's what the creator, SulliMike23, has to say:
I simply decided to use the Trailer for the Wing Commander movie for this one. For the cast, it goes as follows.

Lt. Christopher Blair-Rick Hunter (Robotech)
Lt. Todd "Maniac" Marshall-Isamu Dyson (Macross Plus)
Lt. Commander "Angel" Devereax-Lisa Hayes (Robotech)
Commodore James "Paladin" Taggart-Captain Glovel (Robotech)

I've gotten the video and the enemies shown in all three series will represent the Kilrathi. There will be some parts where the lip sync will be off cue, but it'll be worth it.
I've always wondered if you could set the audio to the 1999 movie to the animated characters from the original game -- this seems to indicate that it might turn out well. You can download "Macross Commander" here (16.9 mb) in WMV format.

--
Original update published on November 10, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody that I recognized matched their WC counterparts surprisingly well, and in the case of some scenes (particularly the fighters flying towards the planet and the jump sequence) incredibly well.

Also, is it just me, or does Rick in this picture look disturbingly like Freddie Prinze, Jr.?

mcblair.jpg

According to those japanese shows, the future will be populated by people with 70's clothing and hairstyles.

Couldn't this guy be a pilot from the FM Towns Wing Commander?

Star_blazers_02.jpg

I know this thread is old, but it does concern something I made. So I might as well explain why I made this AMV.

Well, ever since I've been watching the Wing Commander movie and watching many episodes of Macross, I've been noticing some interesting coincidences in both of them. So I thought it would be fitting to actually put the Wing Commander movie trailer over various Macross clips. For me, it was more difficult finding someone to be Angel. So I picked Lisa Hayes from the Macross Saga of Robotech and Sylvie Gina from Macross II for the flying scenes.

Your right about Isamu being Maniac. That's why I chose him, because of his cocky and arrogant attitude and not to mention his competitiveness. I had to pick him for that roll alone. It was as if he and Maniac were long-lost twins or somethin'.

For Blair, I knew that Rick would be the most obvious choice. The two of them love flying and would rather follow regulations and their own instincts rather than follow a crowd. I also noted that they did look alike.

For Paladin, I needed someone with a command authority so I chose Captain Glovel. He just seemed like the ideal type of person to be Paladin. I didn't see any other commander in Macross who shared the same sentiments as Blair. He was the only one that fit the bill perfectly.

Of course the SDF-1 had to fill the roll of the Tiger's Claw since both ships were carriers and capital ships.

Now I wanted to make my trailer try and match the trailer for the Wing Commander movie as best as I could. I was actually surprised that it would get some recognition here.

Now I do apologize for starting this thread up again, but I felt that I should answer questions I'm sure you guys had for this AMV.

There's no reason to apologize. Everyone is welcome to bring back old threads if they have something new to add. Thanks for the info.

Back