Some more Kilrathi previews

That wouldn't be feasible for some capships... :(
The Hakaga, Concordia, and Lexington, just to name a few, have some triangles which are really, really big. There's no way I could put a custom made texture on top of these without making the pixels look bigger than a fighter in the game (I'm sticking with 256x256 textures for compatibility and performance)... so I have to use generic textures (because I can tile them to make the pixels look smaller in game).

BTW, Cam, it's nice to see you're still around. I was afraid you might have given up on Raiders or something :(

Man, I just seen the Ralatha, WOW ! Now I can't wait to see the Kamekh, these were IMHO the two best-looking Kat ship from WC2, and your Ralatha does justice to the original sprites. Keep up the good work !

Very good work. Hey, when are you going to get at least of sample of the music to the downloads page?

P.S. have fun on your trip ;)

Eder said:
That wouldn't be feasible for some capships... :(
The Hakaga, Concordia, and Lexington, just to name a few, have some triangles which are really, really big. There's no way I could put a custom made texture on top of these without making the pixels look bigger than a fighter in the game (I'm sticking with 256x256 textures for compatibility and performance)... so I have to use generic textures (because I can tile them to make the pixels look smaller in game).

BTW, Cam, it's nice to see you're still around. I was afraid you might have given up on Raiders or something :(

Ahhh, okay that makes sense. It's too bad though, cuz I'm sure the capships would rock with your texturing jobs! I wish there was some other way to make less repetitive textures though...

As for Raiders, I will still be working on it... I'm just so busy this summer trying to make some $$$$ that I've had to drop it for now. :( Oh well, the next model you can expect me to do would be the Strakha. :) It's going to rock!

Iceblade said:
Very good work. Hey, when are you going to get at least of sample of the music to the downloads page?

When I'm ready to give it to you!!!! :p

Probably the only things that should be sampled ahead of time would be either the prolouge cutscene music or the campaign music. I've been working on the cutscene music, but don't have any complete yet. The main campaign music I haven't even touched yet.

I want to keep the prolouge's mission music a suprise, unless Eder disagrees with that idea, in which case I'll throw together a sample.

Cam said:
Oh well, the next model you can expect me to do would be the Strakha. :) It's going to rock!
Ah, that's good to hear. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work :)

As for the music... Well, I think that the stuff we have so far is best kept under wraps, like Michael said :D We can see about making some sample cutscene music available later on, but we haven't really discussed that. We'll think about it once we actually have enough cutscene music to work with.

Back