Some more Kilrathi previews

I really like that red brigde. :D

I think you did a supreme job with the Falthi-sorry about the spelling. It seems very detailed and actually strikes me as something from P2. (maybe it is the textures)

You know what I think of your work and all, so I'm kind of hesistant to say this ... but frankly, I don't like the textures at all. Too busy and complex, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, except there doesn't seem to be any order in the chaos. Personally, I'd be much happier if the dark spots covering the hull were reduced. I like the general idea, but I find it a bit painful to look at, especially considering your other capships.

Eh, maybe it's just me.

Don't listen to him Eder, it's perfect never change it :D But seriously, I felt the tectures in UE were spartain and unrealistic, this one looks far more like a real ship. And I'm having a lot of fun playing spot the fighter bay :D

Actually (I can't believe this is about to escape my lips/fingertips), I think I agree with Bob. This comes from someone who prefers the WC3 meshes over the WC4 meshes because the later seem too busy to me. It looks like the thing is made up of like 15 million little armor pieces, not something thats too realistic IMHO. I'd say the dark spots need to be reduced by about half, maybe 25%. But anyway, its your work. I'll play the mod and enjoy it no matter what the texture looks like :D.

C-ya

Man, I can't wait to go flying all around these detailed capships. Frankly, it looks more believable with those gray-textured areas on that Fralthi.

I'll try reducing the contrast of the hull plating layer, but I probably won't like the result :p If it turns out better, you'll all see it when I finish the Fralthi.

Speaking of ships that give you a chubby, are there any plans for a Fralthi II later on? (I know it's not on the progress list, but a guy can always hope can't he?) They have such a cool design, and they would be a good parallel to the Concordia class which are also WC3-ish.

Sorry, there are no plans to include the Fralthi II in Standoff - we strongly believe that 2 different Kilrathi cruiser classes are enough to keep you all busy :p

We're a step closer to having a whole fleet now, though - check out the Ralatha screenshots I've just added to the site :cool:

I was bored, so I decided to finish the Grikath today, and update the site again. Enjoy! :D

Eder, why not have custom textures for each cap ship like you have them for fighters? They'll probably look a lot better than those uber-repetitive hull panels. :)

Back