Software Savings:- Priv 2 - hmmm

Treguard

Spaceman
Just got it. Opened box, very nice
although, lo and behold, all the manuals are in German :S
though it's got English as the top language on the box :)
Does anybody know if there are any English PDF versions knocking around?

Cheers

Did you get the version that needs P90/win9x/DirectX5 or the DOS version?

If you got the "DirectX-version", where did you buy it?

Why I ask that: I'm from Germany and I'm searching for an online shop who still sells the "DirectX-version" and ships to Germany at an "acceptable" price...

You know, I've got priv 2, but it wont work on my Win98 system... any patches out there to make it the Windows version, like the thing they have for WC4?

Originally posted by Treguard
It's the Direct X version

Although all the movies are in English
AFAIK just the english version was made "DirectX-compatible"...

Where did you get yours from?

No, though you want a pentium 200 and nothing more really as the game plays stupuidly fast :) trying the slowdown util works to a degree but is' more or less unplayable

Please tell :)

I've tried Turbo and Moslo. Moslo doesn't work. Turbo will make the movies unwatchable if you set it below 40%
but, it sort of makes the space sim jerk a lot

Originally posted by KrisV
CPU Killer.
My (short) experience with that program is very very bad...
The version I used worked only under Windows, and was operated IIRC with a "CPU speed" bar that you could slide from maximum CPU usage to minimum, or something of the sort...

If you committed the terrible mistake of selecting minimum CPU speed, the whole system would go so slowly that rebooting was faster than trying to reselect high CPU speed manually... :rolleyes:
Plus I think it didn't work for WC, not even run under Windows...

Now maybe for Priv2 it might work if Kris says so, but I just wanted to share my experience...

Err... although CPUKiller does have a 'speed bar', that's not how you use it to slow down a game. You have to tell it specifically to slow down Priv2.exe (or whatever).

Am I the only one who doesn't see why it's bad that setting a thing that slows down your computer to the slowest setting makes your computer slow?

The slowest setting of CPU Killer must probably be 10 times slower than a 286 would be, so yes it is bad.

So they should castrate a program so that you don't do stupid things? Maybe someone wants something to run that slowly...

Back