Software Savings:- Priv 2 - hmmm

Ok, but the point I was making, is that it's useless to be able to do it "in-Windows", because then actually double-clicking on the program you want to run would simply take forever!! (yes, even the mouse pointer is slowed down to unimaginable proportions)

'Nuff said, I did get the message across I did *not* like the program... :)

Originally posted by Treguard
Originally got it from MVC, thought I gave it to somebody
Just gotr another copy from Software Savings

http://www.softwaresavings.co.uk
Sorry, but I have to pick up this matter again... got my copy from software savings today... a SVENKA version!!! :eek: :mad:

Well, as you said, the game itself is in english and I have the german manuals from my DOS version... but there is one bigger problem:

They included the 1st CD twice, but the 3rd CD is missing!!!:mad:

I can't imagine that the win9x version will only need 2 CDs while the DOS version needed 3... but just to be sure: Your copy included 3 CDs, didn't it?

Of course I already complained by email but I'm not sure how they will react...

Ach... they did a similar thing for my fighter blueprints in the WC1 box... there were 1 Hornet blueprint, and three damn Raptor blueprints... no Scimitar or Rapier... :(
Compared to you, I was lucky no floppy disk was missing though...

Originally posted by mpanty
If you committed the terrible mistake of selecting minimum CPU speed, the whole system would go so slowly that rebooting was faster than trying to reselect high CPU speed manually... :rolleyes:

Which is why it's called CPU KILLER :D :p

Bob, thy marvelous insight was necessary so that I could actually realize that. I thank thee... <g>

Yesterday I tested if the CDs 2 and 3 from my german DOS version can be used with the english win9x version... and it worked!!!:eek::D

It should even work with the 1st CD because after installation only the movies are read from the CDs... this way I now can choose the "movie language" by using either the german DOS version CDs or the english win9x version CDs :D

The bad news are that (on my system at least) the joystick calibrating problems are still the same as in the DOS version because it seems that while graphics and sound require/use DirectX the joystick routines were not changed to support/use DirectX... but this just as information/warning for those who plan (like me) to purchase a win9x version just to solve joystick problems.

Back