so what do you want to see in the patch?

I guess that I have more creative freedom that the wonderful kitties who are working on the remake proper... so what would you like to see? I've been adding a handful of Kilrathi systems and I'm considering making the bases in them destroyable.

What would you like to see in the patch, as in what would you like to have had in the original Priv but couldn't?

(for me it was mainly piloting a "space galleon", slow ship with lots of turrets and maybe some subunits)

:)

Adding soms systems could be cool. All the WC universe systems are in the universe map, they are just cut off from Gemini for purposes of Privateer, though the intention is to open them someday for some other project. None of the other systems have been customized at all though, it would be cool if you did that.

Hi Spiritplumber! :)

"If" the universe is enlagerd....... could there be another Steltek Relict which gives you a Jumpdrive to jump directly to your Destination using all your Fuel and maybe alerting local Militiaforces or Military..... ´cause you colud be a Brilliance runner using a cloaking device (which is prohibited for unconfed use)?? Maybe there could be a short Storyplot put around it..... (later) :D

THX

Pliers

Additional ships: Either Ranger or Waterloo class for Confed (so we can see cap ships with bigger fighter bay capacity... maybe only in a few Confed systems but definately on the boarders of Kilrathi space), Ralatha or Fralthra class for Kilrathi, and maybe Vindicator or Banshee class for Boarder Worlds, with some sort of cap ship for them. The Landreich people could have Hornets and maybe Scimitars. I know that various people already have models for these (Standoff, for example), and they may be willing to donate them if you ask nicely and give proper credit.

It would be really cool to run into Confed Sabres, Epees, Rapier IIs, and Ferrets as well. Of course, adding Drakhra (I think I misspelled that, sorry), Sartha, Grikath, and Jalkehi would be equally cool.

I know this is a big order, but I was trying to put it all out on the line.

I'm trying to get autogen to make systems which have a similar feel to the one in Gemini primarily (otherwise, say, it takes WAY too long to get to places without autopilot). I also want to make it possible to blow up at least the smaller kilrathi bases. Where is the file that controls system autogeneration?

I can modify that to make it so that if you almost blow up a base, it surrenders to you and changes its allegiance. Cats, all your base are belong to us!

About other stuff/capships: I think that for now Drayman and Paradigm are good enough capship wise at least for the player to own, other stuff sounds cool. In fact I would make the Paradigm unbuyable again and make some sort of corvette available instead. I want to keep my download small. It would be cool to have more interaction with the Kilrathi, that yes!

One thing I was thinking was putting more turrets on the Orion -- it is classified as a gunship afterall. Maybe a forward turret option.

I also want to try to draw a kilrathi bartender and fixers. Mainly the kilrathi systems which I unlocked are to give you something to do when you're running around in your drayman-turned-carrier. (For kicks, give yourself an original Paradigm and fill it with ~40 demons... then visit the big asteroid. You CAN blow it up in about 20 minutes)

I think Priv happens around WC2 time, so I don't know about BW ships... I was thinking of giving BW ships their own different flavor though (different livery and weapon loadouts). One thing I do remember is that the BWers had two very cool pieces of tech which are referenced as somewhat old, stormfire chainguns and leech guns. Worth the trip? ;)

What I want to do is get the autogen to work "right" and then add a few scripted systems sprinkled here and there to give the player a reason to explore. The logic, I believe, is that Gemini is a peripheric hot spot of civilization surrounded by relatively bland places.

About other Steltek stuff... seems kinda overkill to me honestly :"> i think you're getting out of gemini mainly when you already have a uber ship...

What I want to try to do is allow NPC capships to launch fighers, too. (paradigm-> stilettos and kamekhs-> dralthi) What's the "eject cargo" script?

the way you make the AI launch fighters is to give them a fighter launching style weapon (call it a launch bay)
the rlaan have this in the actual vegastrike game
it's called a hellspawn (if you download the normal vegastrike and play as a big rlaan ship)
if there's an .xai script under ai/scripts for the shiptype then it launches as a seeking missile
otherwise it launches with a default AI and starts shooting things...

ejecting cargo is for escape pods (or player units...)

spiritplumber said:
I think Priv happens around WC2 time, so I don't know about BW ships...
IIRC, Privateer supposedly takes place at the same time as Wing Commander 3. The slightly older ships are explained I suppose by Gemini being a bit of a backwater.

I'm sure there would be hornets still in service

look at our military right now..we're still using F14's and F15's and those are really, really old
there are always plans to make F/A18's the dominent fightercraft on carriers...but I'm not certain those will ever fully pan out--besides who wants all their chickens in 1 basket.

Whatever you do, don't take away the paradigm! That ship's a blast! BTW, How do you add an original paradigm to your savegame? Also, I would like to see ALL non-natural bases made destrucible (including Perry and New Constantinople). Since the Orion is supposed to be a gunship, why not add a turret above the cockpit and one more missle pod? About adding ships, I would love to see some ships added. I'd like EVERY ship in the game to be buyable (provided you have the credits). But you could make so that you can't buy the really big ones unless you have a high enough rating with that faction. You could buy the Kilrathi ones in some of Spiritplumber's new systems (really looking forward to that). It would also be cool to be able to move around inside the really big ships. It would be neat if more systems were availiable. I've been over sector's edge, and it's wierd. I'd like to see it become a little more sensable outside Gemini ;) Eventually I'd like to have a huge game with the entire WC universe (hopefully built on the Vegastrike engine) to explore as a privateer, a Kilrathi, a Confed or anything else you can think of. But that's off in the future, sorry :) I've given all my suggestions for the present.

the bases are destroyable....it just takes days upon days...
if you hack weapon_list.xml you could probably get it destroyed fast enough

Right now I'm playing with the autogenerator to produce reasonable WC looking systems outside of Gemini.

Thanks for the tip about the fighter launcher... still playing with that as well, if bases are destroyable it makes all kinds of sense for them to launch an attack wing against you first!

wait how are you doing the autogenerator...you mean tweaking the constants in the vegastrike.config file and letting vegastrike generate the universes? (you might want to turn on retro mode so as to avoid loading textures while experimenting)

you'll probably need different bases that perry's and even ConfedHQ's all over the bleedin' place ;-)

will need those WC2 outposts, etc

Hi,

I would just like to see the option, somewhere in the already existant privateer map, of buying kilrathi ships... especially the gothri.

cheers

kilolima

right now i want to get the systems where they make at least some sort of sense (proper merchant trade loads for autogen planets, proper bases for kilrathi, etc.) then I'll figure out how to make or convert bases from say wc3 and put them in the appropriate sectors. I won't update my patch for a couple of days coz I want to get it just right. :) Also I added 1 cargo space to every ship to hold the artifact in, hehe.

Back