Screenshots Release Thread

Unregistered said:
Since LOAF is one of these "modding unexperienced" people you can ignore him.

I posted horrible, horrible Wing Commander-related edits for X-Wing to Compuserv back in the day. Hopefully, no one will ever find them again.

I think I made a DooM .wad once, too.

(especially you should know what I mean)

Eh, I actually have absolutely no idea what discussion you're talking about. I post a lot... and there've been a lot of people named Tolwyn since 1996.

the discussion I am talking about was the promotion of the new mod... Wing Commander Saga... or so I thought. Thanks to the ever eager WC CIC community it quickly became a discussion whenever or not FS2 is a WC ripoff.

Damn fan community! Screw them, man! You'd think they'd have more faith in mods... you know, after that one came out that one time. :)

Fs2 is so much better than WcP that there really isn't any comparison.

None whatsoever. When Saga is out, I suspect you all will agree.

Let us all chill out, wait and see...
Or this will escalate to a "hate your betters" thread.

Unregistered said:

Let us all chill out, wait and see...
Or this will escalate to a "hate your betters" thread.

Though we cannot ban unregistered trolls in the *traditional* manner, we can block their IPs from ever viewing solsector, crius and wcnews again. That's not really necessarily a warning, though -- afterall, "Unregistered" won't ever be able to read this. :)

Unregistered said:
Since LOAF is one of these "modding unexperienced" people you can ignore him.
At least try to hide your identity when posting anonymously, Lars.

These thread is for the WCS team to post it's screenshots, progress reports and for others to suggest how we can make things better, not for some people to whine how evil FreeSpace is. If you insist on this crap, then start a new thread. Please. :(

I believe forum moderators have the ability to split threads, if anyone truly cares what anyone else thinks about FreeSpace.

Lynx said:
These thread is for the WCS team to post it's screenshots, progress reports and for others to suggest how we can make things better, not for some people to whine how evil FreeSpace is....
No offense intended, Lynx, but take a look:

Unregistered said:

It's apparently some idiot on your team which felt like flaming other game engines. If this poor kid would take the time to learn some real programming, he wouldn't have to whine about how WCP is DA SUX0RZ cause it's so hard to edit or whatnot.

People were saying the FS engine doesn't have the right feel for Wing Commander, cause just about every WC game has navpoints, and FS doesn't. That's a freaking fact, no matter how brilliantly you're going to work your way around it... and maybe someone made some stupid comment, maybe that guy has a problem with LOAF's view of fan projects, but why not just ignore LOAF's comments or whatever it is that bothers you? If someone thinks your great mod sucks, and even if this someone thinks all mods are doomed to suck for eternity, it's his loss, not a personal offense.

You guys seem to have overreacted (Example? Ok. How has Gryphon dug himself a hole, in Tolwyn's words, by basically saying "I can't understand why you're modding FS - No navpoints doesn't feel like WC"?) from a simple discussion in which you could just have ignored whoever it was you thought was flaming you...

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Oh, and Tolwyn, Lynx, Psych, or someone else from BGS... make that Unregistered idiot who I quoted above shut his piehole and stop talking about WCP, or any other subject on which he doesn't know shit about. It annoys me, is more likely than not bad for your PR, and doesn't exactly improve relations between the WCP modding community members and WC Saga.

To reiterate, I have absolutely nothing against fan projects... any sort of joke about them taking forever to be released is just a joke and nothing more. Fan projects are helping to keep the fan base alive, and I'm very greatful for that.

I think we all overreacted a bit. ;)

Freespace isn't perfect, that's why we put WC ships into it. :D I hope this specific discussion is tabled for a while.

Anyway, in an death-defying attempt to move the thread into the right direction again, I post a screenie showing two of our new [WIP] weapon effects. Anyone who can guess what bolts this are will get a cookie. :)

S1.jpg

Who cares about the weapons, that ship looks great! :p

BTW, everyone read LOAF's reply and memorize it. It's painfully obvious that most "fan projects take forever" jokes are just that, jokes - at least that's the impression I've always got as far as LOAF is concerned, which is why I never bothered with that.

Making fun of fan projects is fun, I do think so myself - and I can still remember some funny stuff which happened when me and some other clueless self-proclaimed mod maker preteens decided to make fun and screw up work done by other Jedi Knight editing groups back in 98 or so :D

For some odd reason, I am glad Concordia is no longer the WC Saga Technical Advisor. Any situation like this current one would be "undefusable" and the entire project would have gone to hell (after an explosion of a 100 megaton nuke).

The guy who was "unregistered" is salvagable, a person like she is not. So when one looks at the big picture with a clear head, it could have been worse. A lot worse.

erm... whatever the hell they put on the nose of the WCM rapiers, and of course lasers. Unless those are neutrons and lasers, in which case Im wondering why that isnt known as the Raptor Beta 2...

That aside... I didnt know FS2 got quite that beautiful when you were looking at fighters. Excellence incarnate. :)

Back