Scary icons

Very cool KV, but I don't understand the icons... what the heck are the flaming folders for? Does the UBB automatically detect flames? Or did somebody at the UBB Company think fire was a good indicator of something I haven't figured out yet?

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

The flaming folders mean a thread has more than 10(at least it's 10 where I mod) replies.

Another cool feature of 5.43(or could be earlier) is the new smiles.

tongue.gif

cool.gif

rolleyes.gif

mad.gif

eek.gif

confused.gif

BTW you can turn em off now too.

------------------
"I hope you make it, Tarkington. Just don't pull the handle till after we've hit. Promise me."
"I'm behind you all the way CAG..."
-Captain Jacob Lee "Coolhand" Grafton, and Lieutenant Robert "Toad" Tarkington, Final Flight

Last edited by a moderator:
The little icons are explained at the bottom of the topics page.

A burning icon means a thread has 40 replies or more.

Kalkrath said:
Does it have the little "Thread Closed by..." for closed threads?

Nope.

steampunk said:
Is there a way to customise the icons, add new smilies etc? Just curious.
All images you see on the board are plain JPEGs or GIFs, so customization is easy as pie. We have replaced several images with our (well, Hadrian's
smile.gif
) creations. But the smilies look pretty good to me... it's also not a priority issue.

Last edited:
What about the ranks? I know they don't mean anything, but they're better than junior member, and member.
biggrin.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited February 09, 2000).]

The ranks served only as an excuse for certain people to act like asses just to increase rank.

------------------
Barrie "Cpl Hades" Almond
balmond@wcnews.com

Ranks are a silly idea. They only really do nothing but promote endless idiocy threads to boost post count. At least in all places I know of. Example being XWA.net having a "Jedi Knight" rank at 400 posts made everyone post stupid one liner threads and thigns titled "For post count, don't reply" and stuff. Not exactly what you want to see on a board.

------------------
"I hope you make it, Tarkington. Just don't pull the handle till after we've hit. Promise me."
"I'm behind you all the way CAG..."
-Captain Jacob Lee "Coolhand" Grafton, and Lieutenant Robert "Toad" Tarkington, Final Flight

I realy didn't see more than five people making stupid/pointles posts just to get a higher rank.
biggrin.gif

I've never really cared much for the ranks. Its not quantity of posts but quality of posts that matter most.

I love the flaming folders, by the way
smile.gif
. Fire rocks.

------------------
We shall slice of their heads and thrust them upon tiki sticks!

You're right that is pretty stupid. Posts like that make me really angry.
mad.gif

I doubt the moderators will let a thing like that happen here.
rolleyes.gif

Besides that, it takes long enough to check posts as it is. And if we had posts that aren't really posts, well I don't even want to think about that.

You just did that to play with the smilies
biggrin.gif

Question: Did you remove the multiple page feature or just put in a REALLY big number

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Then there you have it. You've got nobody to blame but yourself for the disuse of the ranking system. Isn't it iteresting? You got the ranking system, you got the ability to delete your own posts... And all lost because some amongst you couldna hande responsibility (which comes with rank
wink.gif
). Be careful, lest you lose the smilies, too...

[Seriously, I don't see how that would happen]

I could do it if I wanted to
wink.gif

At least it wasn't me who made the ranks go away, I post the same amount of stupid posts when we don't have ranks as when we do
biggrin.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Neat new smilies!
smile.gif

But did I miss something? I can't find the codes for them in the FAQs.

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Back