request: Robot/Kilrathi voice acting

Sure, go ahead!
As long as you have fun in the process I surely won't stop you from anything.
I promise I will listen to everything you send me.
And no need to hurry, I still have to do quite some other things. :)

And I want to emphasize that I don't want to hear something like this on CNN:
"Okie goes insane, family blames mysterious internet contact named 'Aginor'. If you have any information about this case call 1-800-WHOISTHIS"

And I want to emphasize that I don't want to hear something like this on CNN:
"Okie goes insane, family blames mysterious internet contact named 'Aginor'. If you have any information about this case call 1-800-WHOISTHIS"

Oh hell, that already happened when I was working with the Starflight folks...... ;)
(Y'all really do need to get a little devil emoticon for these boards. Just saying...).

Alright...here comes the third set. Pitched my voice higher for the initial pass at these and made more of a hissing noise. Changed a small number of the lines; I thought they sounded better but I can re-record them if necessary. May still be speaking a few elements too fast.

They've released a new version of Audacity; I'm discovering that not all of the old tricks still apply to the new version. Compression so far has been a bust. Haven't found a good group of settings for a fighter cockpit yet (though there's a good set for a sewer...).

K1_J is...well, just for fun. An homage for a friend of mine...

Attachments

• k3_A.zip
    902.6 KB · Views: 48
  • k3_B.zip
    930.5 KB · Views: 38
  • k3_C.zip
    843.1 KB · Views: 48
  • k3_D.zip
    932.9 KB · Views: 40
  • k3_E.zip
    877.3 KB · Views: 44
  • k3_F.zip
    898.5 KB · Views: 47
  • k3_G.zip
    851.5 KB · Views: 44
  • k3_H.zip
    917.1 KB · Views: 48
  • k3_I.zip
    869.8 KB · Views: 46
  • k1_J.zip
    537.2 KB · Views: 42
Cool! I'll listen to the samples and report back later.
btw: K3 (and also my first two sets) might not sound very well in English, since they weren't created by a native speaker. So if you have something similar that sounds better or suits the character better (you know many Kilrathi seem to have a thing for pathos in their voice) feel free to change it. It is easier to change the written messages around than the voiceovers. And the better it sounds the better for the mod. :)

Guys, I need some more sets of messages!
You still have the chance to become one of the generic Kilrathi pilots who die all the time fly on your wing, post your ideas here!

btw: Good news, I only did something wrong earlier: The gloat lines (message 27) for the Kilrathi pilots (there are none for the existing personas in Saga) work now! It sure adds a nice feel when a Kilrathi kills a Terran and says "a proper fate for a coward" just like in WC1.

Ok, I like them. One or two I didn't understand clearly the first time I heard them
(for example the first one. Does it say what I wrote above or did you change that one? I think I hear "all the prey animals here have been scattered")

Also I changed number 5, the pitch in the last one was a bit strange. I took the other one that is the same text and copied that part.

Rest is good, I'm putting them in the game now.

If you don't mind doing some more (or at least "Kilrathifying" some) I will send you some texts or files soon. We still need 2-3 generic pilots for the mod.

For the campaign we will then need some more, but for those I guess I will let different people record them and we just have to Kilrathify them afterwards. But those will have to wait until the messages are finalized, which means all missions and briefings have to be complete at least.

Ok, I like them. One or two I didn't understand clearly the first time I heard them
(for example the first one. Does it say what I wrote above or did you change that one? I think I hear "all the prey animals here have been scattered")

No, I changed that one...the sentence as written seemed a bit awkward. I thought what I came up with was still close to the original quote and sounded a bit more Kilrathi-like.

Rest is good, I'm putting them in the game now.

Cool.

If you don't mind doing some more (or at least "Kilrathifying" some) I will send you some texts or files soon. We still need 2-3 generic pilots for the mod.

No, I don't mind doing more. Send me the lines whenever you're ready.

That's the advantage of a native speaker. You notice awkward sentences, I don't always notice them.

I don't have any fresh sentences at the moment, but I guess I will be able to post two additional sets next week.

In other news, I have finished the beta version of my third mission today, I'm now moving on to the fourth one. Some messages and of course voiceovers are still missing (like in the first two missions) but those will be included later when my script is finished and I have done the basic structure of all missions.
I also created a new missile lock animation for the mod, but I'm not entirely happy with it yet.

Hey guys!
I will need some voice actors for the main characters of my mod soon. So if you think your voice would fit for a cool Kilrathi warrior, send me a PM or post here. I am content with capi3101's voice altered a bit for the generic pilots, but I think I will need different voices for the other pilots.

I will post some character descriptions shortly, including hints on how they are supposed to sound.

Note to self: create 2 or more additional sets of generic wingman lines like I promised a month ago.... wait. Ask other people.
Any ideas would be appreciated, I'm a bit out of creativity at the moment.

Back