request: Robot/Kilrathi voice acting

I got the 27 lines you listed out here recorded off; having some problems getting enough of a growl into my voice...

..and I think I'm going to need some advice from folks that are slightly more experienced with Audacity to get it in there. Might just pose a direct question and see what kind of response I get.

I just noticed I didn't replace the "I'm dying" in my example :D I'll fix it. It is supposed to be "What? Nooooooooooo!!"

EDIT: Argh, can't edit the other post anymore :(

I need to go back and resample my lines for the Kilrathi...there are a few I'm not happy with. And I need to do the "I'm dying" line...

Out of curiosity, have you had any more volunteers to do voices?

Still no luck getting a growl in my voice, though that's largely due to lack of effort the last couple of days...

Unfortunately I didn't get much response to my requests at all. I guess I will ask for a bit of help in other forums as well. Maybe the guys at HLP or WingCenter will have some nice ideas.
I will also try to do another set of com lines myself. I think I got at least some ideas. I'm a bit tired of mission work anyway at the moment (I've been working on mission 3 of my campaign all day, it is about one third finished now).

Here's my second set of Kilrathi lines:

This one is trying to make it quick.

1) "We are victorious again!"
2) "Enemies inbound"
3) "Attacking."
4) "Keep fighting, we are here to assist"
5) "Bravo Wing ready to fight"
6) "There's one behind you!"
7) "A warrior's death... <static>"
8) "Charlie Wing ready to fight"
9) "Retreating, this is not worth dying"
10) "Attacking engines"
11) "Attacking turrets"
12) "We will crush them"
13) "Delta Wing ready to fight"
14) "Echo Wing ready to fight"
15) "Taking hits"
16) "He's yours"
17) "Negative."
18) "Target not on my scope"
19) "Seize fire, friendly target"
20) "They will pay for this..."
21) "Very good"
22) "Out of missiles!"
23) "Heavily damaged"
24) "This is no time to retreat, come back!"
25) "Arr... Die, traitor!"
26) "Understood."
27) "Hahahahaha"

Well, I'm not entirely happy with them, but I figured I should go ahead and send you my samples. Never did figure out a good way to add that underlying growl to my voice; these'll be closer to the Cat voices in WC2. And I'm hoping they don't sound too much like the computer voice.

EDIT: Should've guessed...the one big zip file is too big for me to post. I'll need some time to divvy it up; hopefully later today, then.

Can a mod please change the thread title to "request: Robot/Kilrathi voice acting", that would be nice.

Here's Kilrathi no.3, by sleeper:

1) "All dishonorables have been shattered, here"
2) "Let's see if these are worthy of mine"
3) "Preparing his funeral"
4) "Need some more sharpened claws?"
5) "This is Bravo. We are looking for some honor"
6) "Watch your tail"
7) "Awaiting Sivars judgement...<hissing>"
8) "This is Charlie. We are here to prove ourselves"
9) "Roarr...I'm coming back for a better hunt"
10) "I am gonna cripple this one"
11) "We will blunt the claws of this one"
12) "I'm gonna raise my honor"
13) "This is Delta. We are looking for some honor"
14) "This is Echo. We are here to prove ourselves"
15) "Taking damage!"
16) "Shatter him for me"
17) "I disobey"
18) "I can't find your victim"
19) "You hit the wrong one, brother"
20) "May your journey be glorious!"
21) "You bring honor to your brothers."
22) "Rrr..unoccupied missile banks"
23) "I'm approaching total destruction!"
24) "There is no honor in fleeing"
25) "You don't deserve your claws, traitor!"
26) "I obey"
27) "This is what you deserve"

Okay......here's my recordings of the first set of lines. I could only put about three lines in a zip without the forums having a fit, so there are nine zip files. These I pitched my voice down about twenty percent, added a second, slightly lower pitched track at a slightly lower gain value, and added a high filter pass to get it that helmet mic quality. Added a fade-in of white noise to the what_noooo_dead.wav file; I can take it out if you'd prefer. Lemme know what you think.

Attachments

• set_1A.zip
    579 KB · Views: 32
  • set_1B.zip
    749.2 KB · Views: 31
  • set_1C.zip
    786.3 KB · Views: 34
  • set_1D.zip
    605.8 KB · Views: 34
  • set_1E.zip
    569.2 KB · Views: 31
  • set_1F.zip
    869.5 KB · Views: 31
  • set_1G.zip
    925.7 KB · Views: 31
  • set_1H.zip
    792.1 KB · Views: 30
  • set_1I.zip
    541.7 KB · Views: 31
Here's the second set of lines. Same deal; pitched down only ten percent instead of twenty but it's hard to tell the difference unless you listen to one right after another. Pink noise instead of white on the warriors_death.wav file.

Attachments

• set_2A.zip
    635.3 KB · Views: 35
  • set_2B.zip
    552.1 KB · Views: 31
  • set_2C.zip
    690.3 KB · Views: 31
  • set_2D.zip
    643.3 KB · Views: 33
  • set_2E.zip
    594.1 KB · Views: 32
  • set_2F.zip
    599.6 KB · Views: 34
  • set_2G.zip
    617 KB · Views: 35
  • set_2H.zip
    546.4 KB · Views: 30
  • set_2I.zip
    493.7 KB · Views: 36
I'll record the third set of lines when I get a chance. I'll see if I can get this set to sound a little more different than the first two. Hopefully this time I won't wake my wife up wondering just what the hell I'm threatening to do to our three-year old......

Dude!!
I just imagined your wife lying in bed hearing you growl "You have betrayed your clan! Die!" followed by "This is no time to retreat, come back!".

I'll check out your samples in a minute.

Ok, good start.
Just some remarks: Some of the shorter ones seem to be cut too early. For example the "watch your back".
EDIT: seems to be a problem of my player, in Audacity they sound complete.

Also try to speak a bit slower, that way the files could be better understandable.

I'll put some of the files in the game and see how they sound there.

EDIT2: Ah, and another one: please call the future files K<number of pilot>_<file number>
Like "K1_27.wav"
That way it is easier to manage them. Also the filenames should not be more than 27 characters. that seems to crash the editor and the game :D

Dude!! I just imagined your wife lying in bed hearing you growl "You have betrayed your clan! Die!" followed by "This is no time to retreat, come back!".

Yeah, that'll teach that boy to narc on me every time I pass gas.......

Ok, good start.
Just some remarks: Some of the shorter ones seem to be cut too early. For example the "watch your back".
EDIT: seems to be a problem of my player, in Audacity they sound complete.

Also try to speak a bit slower, that way the files could be better understandable.

I'll put some of the files in the game and see how they sound there.

EDIT2: Ah, and another one: please call the future files K<number of pilot>_<file number>
Like "K1_27.wav"
That way it is easier to manage them. Also the filenames should not be more than 27 characters. that seems to crash the editor and the game :D

Will do. Are there any specific lines that you think I need to remix?

Actually I just included the first set of lines into the game as a wingman persona, and they sound great. I don't see anything to change at the moment.
Unfortunately the self-praise doesn't seem to work automatically in Saga so I will have to create an event for that.

But the sound is good, so nothing to change except the names of future files and the death scream.
And we have to think of a way that not all pilots sound too similar. Maybe with adding a small reverb or something.
EDIT: You could also try a more hissing voice for one of the pilots. Or perhaps whisper and see how it sounds when played in a lower pitch.

-> The noise in the death scream is too loud, perhaps it would sound better if we just fade out while playing the noise. So it starts at the volume we have now and then everything drops in volume. I'll try that for the two files I got already myself and see how it sounds.

I'll do the second set in the next half hour and see how this one sounds ingame.

Ok, tried it. Fading out during the death scream sounds good I think.

Wingman 1 and 2 are now ingame. I'm not completely content with the second one but I don't know what we could change either. I'll think about it.

Wingman 1 and 2 are now ingame. I'm not completely content with the second one but I don't know what we could change either. I'll think about it.

I could simply re-record the lines and pitch my voice differently. Apparently altering the compression can change the timbre of a voice; that's something worth considering as well. I'll have some time early tomorrow morning to tinker with it.

Back