Rebel Galaxy Outlaw!

Any anticipated system requirements available yet Howard?
From the looks of the visuals and on the other thread my potato computer will melt, but maybe not?

fantastic news Howard.
I am running a i7-4770 and a 770 GTX so I might be okay after all. great job!

Fingers crossed. I'll definitely buy this. It is amazing what can be achieved with Ogre... and I wholeheartedly support your decision about Epic Games Store. It was somewhat unexpected that so open reasoning about this was posted on project page - but nice touch.

I read a tweet a couple of days ago that said that even though it would be launched on the epic games store, it would be drm-free. That way I can play it on the go and not have to rely on a shoddy internet connection and other bs. This will be excellent on the gpd win 2 I hope! Hopefully I won't have to get a win max just to run it.... Please don't make me try to justify that purchase :D

It is 100% DRM free on the EGS, and any additional DLC will be free also, once we're finished with it. Travis has done a massive round of optimizations, even on top of where we were the last time I'd mentioned this, so everyone *should* be able to run it smoothly.

Whooo! you guys should get it, it really is a ton of fun. I had nothing to do with it - but I can say it was the thing that made me decide to come work for Travis. I mean that and that he'd been stalking me since the early 2000a.

Whooo! you guys should get it, it really is a ton of fun. I had nothing to do with it - but I can say it was the thing that made me decide to come work for Travis. I mean that and that he'd been stalking me since the early 2000a.
So, you're saying that if I keep stalking you, eventually you'll cave and work for me? Got it! ;)

So, you're saying that if I keep stalking you, eventually you'll cave and work for me? Got it! ;)

More importantly if I stalk you will you hire me so I can live out my dream of working on a space combat game? (The spaceflight sections of the cancelled battlefront 3 don’t count).

Quarto - I think at this point you have to fight Travis for me. I feel like the prettiest princess at the party!
Pedro: Well, I make 0 of the hiring choices - we do frequently use outsourced artists. If that's something you might be interested in, shoot me a email/message.

Pedro: Well, I make 0 of the hiring choices - we do frequently use outsourced artists. If that's something you might be interested in, shoot me a email/message.

Hah, thanks but technical programmers make poor artists ;)
I was only half serious; mostly just expressing my envy of your situation. It’s the most promising space combat title in years.

I was only half serious; mostly just expressing my envy of your situation. It’s the most promising space combat title in years.
Not Star Citizen? :D Not the multi-bajillion dollar project from Chris Roberts, but this tiny space sim from some company no one has ever heard of?

Sorry, can't help trolling ;). I'm in full agreement, and my only regret is that even though I have a copy of Rebel Galaxy, I can't for the life of me find time to play it.

Not Star Citizen? :D Not the multi-bajillion dollar project from Chris Roberts, but this tiny space sim from some company no one has ever heard of?

Sorry, can't help trolling ;). I'm in full agreement, and my only regret is that even though I have a copy of Rebel Galaxy, I can't for the life of me find time to play it.

Star citizen is totally off my radar these days. I’ve no idea what is happening with it. I’ve lost faith it’ll ever be completed. All I wanted was S42 and there is no excuse for that not being out yet.

I just see occasional screenshots and pictures of new ships and locations that make me feel like a shit artist. It's always gorgeous (except for their explosions and weapons fire, they always look like a bit of an afterthought?) Then I get excited, download it, play it...and get immensely frustrated by the need to walk *to* everywhere. I mean the immersion is great, but the realities of being a space privateer on the edge of human worlds...aren't as fun as you'd imagine? I just wish there was a way to skip the non-fun stuff. Or they had made the effort to make that stuff fun. But that's just entirely personal preference - I certainly hope they release the whole game - hell, both games, and they're incredibly awesome. I can't get enough space sim. :p

I've been wondering:
Have you considered releasing "Grayson's Revenge" as a total conversion mod for RGO at some point? I think RGO would be the perfect base game for a "Privateer" TC or even a revival of "Pioneer". :)

FekLeyrTarg: Yeah - definitely. That game conversion actually already basically exists - we basically built Pioneer first, then ripped everything WC-related out and built our own universe, adding cool shit as we went.

FekLeyrTarg: Yeah - definitely. That game conversion actually already basically exists - we basically built Pioneer first, then ripped everything WC-related out and built our own universe, adding cool shit as we went.
Excellent. I'm looking forward to it. Until then, I'm going to finish vanilla RGO first. I love Juno already. :)

Back