Quality Assurance Version 1.0

A couple really minor issues on 1.0 Pre5
When completing in-system scouting with 8 nav points, not all display in mission log while flying mission and only way to complete mission is to keep flying around to random nav points until the required point is finally hit.

If don't have enough cash to by the 4 pak charts, charts not received but some money deducted

On Tinkeroff , in refinery bar - Destinee missions no speech only text

When talking to bartenter, there is a thread that goes " There is work to be had in Rygaron. The exploratory service in Geminii...." also has text only and no sound.

In ship description it would be nice to list the maximum unit that could be outfitted in that vessel.

Great job, this has always been the best game ever written and now it is even better with the remake

1) you have to use pageup and pagedown to scroll through your objectives
2) yep. sorry
3) someone will have to record that lol it doesn't magically appear
4) works for me
5) we figure people know ;-)

glad you like it :) the 1.0 release promises a few more surprises for everyone

hellcatv said:
1) you have to use pageup and pagedown to scroll through your objectives

I noticed this bug too and I don't think pressing pgup/down helps. Even if objective requiring me to visit a nav point is showed green (complete) in objectives list in the MFD, mission objectives displayed in the nav computer still shows that "completed" nav point to be 0% and I'll have to visit there. Usually that "buggy" nav point objective is the last one.

I know that patrol missions aren't well compensated, but I bet anyone who has done more than 3 patrol missions has unavoidably bumped into this bug. Every single nav point in MFD is showed green but still nav computer says that the last nav point is 0% completed.

never run into it...scrolling all the way down and up with pgup and pgdown has always revealed the one place I missed

hellcatv said:
never run into it...scrolling all the way down and up with pgup and pgdown has always revealed the one place I missed

Yes, but... *sigh* :) Even if I scrolled the list all the way up and down with pgup/down and every nav point objective seemed to be completed, the mission didn't end. Then I looked the nav computer's mission description and it showed that the last nav point was still 0% completed even if MFD displayed it as completed! And the mission didn't end until I visited that last 0% nav point.

Bumped into this phenomenon couple of times in the beginning (near Troy), but haven't noticed it since and forgot it... perhaps because I haven't done patrol missions much lately after I bought cargo expansion :)

Bounty missions:

When your target has a flight group for protection in the area it isn't always clear which is the target. Now I've noticed it tends to be the first target the computer locks after autopiloting to the mission nav point. It also always appears to be element 0 (the first ship) in a flight group. If I happen to change my target though the only way to find it again seems to be to use comms to insult each target in turn and look at the element number on the communications to see if I have the correct target again.
Can there be some kind of display of the wing element number on the targeting hud instead of just 'dralthi' or whatever? Or maybe a special crosshair over mission targets? Also perhaps the mission could state the bounty is on ship element 0 of the flight group since this isn't clear unless you have played it a while.
Could there also be missions where the goal is to exterminate the entire flight group instead of just one? Like a clean sweep but only for that group.

A quick report...

A bug. Everytime I load the game from where I left off, I always will have my ECM Package 3 damaged to 50% (If I don't have the ECM Package 3, my Tungsten Armor will be damaged instead). This had occurred on my Tarsus, Orion, and Galaxy. I have not tried it on other ships yet though.

very odd about the damage

as for the bounty mission
you can *save* the target with cntrl-# (some number on the keyboard like cntrl-3)
then use alt-# to recall it... (like alt-3)
this lets you remember important target, like the unit you were targetting at the bounty mission beginning

And what's with the money? I notice that my credits are reducing a bit every time I load my game or land to base etc., does the game have some kinda difficulties keeping my account in memory or does loading game and landing cost something? :)

hellcatv said:
landing costs 50 credits like in the manual

Damn, how could I miss that... Thought that I read the manual page by page as well as I could... Well, haven't never been exactly a good student :)

Well then, if I'm completely broke like in 0 credits and don't have a tractor beam, I can't land anywhere and am doomed to drifting in space forever? Relatively impossible scenario but still :)

actually if you don't have the credits (also specified in the original privateer manual) you are allowed to land gratis...
it's a service for the poor...ironic that they specifically mention that

R4ZZ0R said:
A quick report...

A bug. Everytime I load the game from where I left off, I always will have my ECM Package 3 damaged to 50% (If I don't have the ECM Package 3, my Tungsten Armor will be damaged instead). This had occurred on my Tarsus, Orion, and Galaxy. I have not tried it on other ships yet though.

Happens to me too.

How about an option to switch drifting on and off?
Or at least reduce it.
I have real problems with that and im not so good in editing those "unit"whateverfiles :-(

Excel = negativ
at least not that 2003-version that I'm using in my office
The fist line can't be importet and all descriptions are placed in 1 cell
Errormassege said the limitation of 256 collums or 65536 lines is exceeded

Didn't come to try star office ;-(

Back