Prophecy Movie Upgrade Patch Released (October 24, 2006)

okay, i uploaded it to yousendit so if people want to give it a bash and tell me how it goes - i may try and change the autorun/run.bat so that it checks if the game is installed already but i'm not sure thats terribly important.

basically, make up an dvd with the all 3 cd's in one folder, and a movie folder containing all the movies (or as many as you want) and then off you go :) when the cd autoruns the run.bat will start and should run you through the install.

the link is here
https://www.yousendit.com/download/K0JReFlmcGtCMTd2Wmc9PQ

4.85 meg, i could shrink it a little by removing the opengl installer - but then people would need to get it seperately!

Hi, everyone.

I've got a very weird problem with OpenGL renderer.

I've followed all the instructions here step-by-step. Everythihg went fine, I've got high-res movies with working subtitles.

But F1-Cockpit View in the game runs very slow. And when I change View to another Cam (F2, F3, F5...) the game works just perfectly! Changing to F1 - and it just stops, about 3-4 fps... It looks like "cockpit interface" slowdown the game.

I've tried to change all the options in OpenGL-setup (lowest resolution, starfields on/off, aniso and FSAA on/off), disabled all options in Video settings in the game, tried Win95/98 compatibility modes... Nothing helps.

Can you give any clues? My system - WinXP, video - Radeon X1600.

hi when i run wcp high res and notihing getting only error opening file patch\data.tre but i have in patch floder right files, what can i do?

now is all right but subtitles are so fast or nothing i have czech translation how can i getting slowly subtitles? Please help

Xvid movies

Has anyone tried to convert those DVD quality movies into Xvid witch crop and de-interlace (BTW, awful thinf;))? Would it work with in-game subs? The quality loss would be minimal or nothing and this would save us some place on drive.

If you are going to put the effort and time into transcoding, why not do it to the latest standard and use h.264 video?

Has anyone tried to convert those DVD quality movies into Xvid witch crop and de-interlace (BTW, awful thinf;))? Would it work with in-game subs? The quality loss would be minimal or nothing and this would save us some place on drive.

Some people do when making music videos, but that's not the purpose of these files. These are the source .vobs that were made for Prophecy DVD, and the Prophecy DVD upgrade patch was built around displaying these movies. Compressing them and then patching the game again to play the compressed files is a second evolution of the project that might not ever be time effective for anyone to do.

does anyone know how to solve the problem with crashing vids on disk 3? (dvd version of hcl)

certain movie clips (nearly at the end of the game) crash. I had to watch them manually with a dvd player software

Just to ask... subtitles works well? Every time I use VOBs, the subtitle rendered by Hcl's patch are not wrapped: text that are in two lines are in one line, and make subtitles lose information... How I can fix this? I'm not a mother-tongue English Speaker. Thank you :D

Alby87

My nativa language is Italian, and using Language.tre (and .iff) of an english edition give me the same error: The first video where Maniac talks to the girls, the first line, it's broken in two pieces with normal movies, with High res both english and italian (my copy) are on the same line, and information is lost in both sides: I've tried all possible combination of resolution, both Windows and OpenGL one, and every render (Direct3D, OpenGl and Software).

I've read somewhere that the subtitles where readed and rendered by Hcl's patch, so I think it's just a matter of a row or two of code (recognizing the "nd of line code" each subtitles should have)

Can you conferm that to nobody the subtitles goes on two lines? Thank you :D

Back