Prophecy Movie Upgrade Patch Released (October 24, 2006)

I use Vista 64 and I've tried it separate and I still have the same problem. Just to put it simple I have exactly the same problem as Sordid has.

I tried the enhanced starfield patch for prophecy, somehow I cannot get higher than 640*480, even if choosing for example 1024*768 the game still runs in 640*480

same goes for standoff: 1024*768 is selected and 640*480 is displayed

i have a geforce gt 8800

I know i posted this somewhere else also, but still:

my dvd vids are vibrating slightly :(

It probably hasn't been tested much with vista 64. Are you trying to also get the high resolution stuff going? If so, try the upgrades separately and see if the DVD videos work by themselves with a fresh installation. Did you try mpeg2dec or the new dll with it included?
Currently I'm using the OpenGL patch for higher resolution. My system is at odds with HCl's high-res patch, too. I've tried it on a fresh install already - with the same results. I'm just out of luck, I guess.
Appreciate your effort though.

Okay, so i've installed the stuff in the following order:
wcpep_release - didnt run install.exe though
opengl-wcp_setup - ran the installs here
copied in the "opengl compatible" wcpdvd patch.

The Vob files are all in "MOVIE"

Unfortunately, whether i have a video file on the pc or on a disc it doesnt play, all i get is the dolby surround sound video playing at any video cue!

Have i missed something obvious?
This is on xp.

EDIT to clarify
if i run prophecy straight after install then the movies are all too fast

i install the enhancement pack and they run at the right speed

install the wcpdvd patch and change to a DVD with the vob's on and the video's dissapear competely, - i see the task bar and an "activemovie" window, but the screen remains black, although i hear the dolby movie

if i now install the opengl patch then the movie returns but still always the dolby video.

Do you have Power DVD installed? If so, there are two options (my option could be more brutal). Un-install Power DVD (easy option). Failing that, go to Control Panel and under Folder settings options, change the 'default' for VOB files.....in my case, I was brave enough to select the .AX file after registering the 'filter' contained within the down-load. It worked a treat under Win XP, after a few 'wobblies', and on a 2.66GHz Core 2 with 2GB RAM.

PS. Maybe you had to be there to see how easy it was

actually i've just found the solution -it's a baffling one! basically the game will not run properly unless the play cd in use has a complete movies1.tre (for example) on it.

i made up a quick test

disc 1 - real wcp disc 1
disc 2 - copy of wcp disc 1 with an added "movie" folder with the 0090.vob file in it
disc 3 - copy of wcp disc 1 with added 0090.vob but REMOVED movies1.tre

(0090.vob is the first briefing)

I then watched the first briefing movie and then the post cgi comment from blair

results
disc 1 - works fine, but low res video in both clips
disc 2 - works fine with high res video, returns to low res for the next clip
disc 3 - played the origin logo for BOTH movies.

In short, if the low res videos aren't there, then the game won't play anything!

this could be a problem in making a working dvd, 3.26 gig of dvd video plus the original 3 cd's will be tight! (though thats my next target, i'll keep you posted!)

this could be a problem in making a working dvd, 3.26 gig of dvd video plus the original 3 cd's will be tight! (though thats my next target, i'll keep you posted!)

Wouldn't it work on a dual layer disk?

yeah it would, the final iso comes out at 4.84 though, seems a little bit of a waste of all but 400 meg of the 2nd layer! Maybe HCL can stop it needing the files, if not then it's not important. Now i just have to work out why the video's are so quiet!

yeah it would, the final iso comes out at 4.84 though, seems a little bit of a waste of all but 400 meg of the 2nd layer! Maybe HCL can stop it needing the files, if not then it's not important. Now i just have to work out why the video's are so quiet!

Is it possible to make a blank movies1.tre and put it on the disk and have it still work?

No, thats what i had in my first draft - it definitely wont work if the blank tre's are on the dvd, if theyre on the drive in the folder i'm not sure (not got time to check just now, will have a look later)

Hmm, so i remade the iso, this time using blank movies1, movies2 and movies3 tre files. 2nd mission briefing plays, then after the ISIS bit, the 2nd video plays, but the 3rd (blair telling casey to shape up) and the launch video don't! yet if the movies1 tre file is there it does!

I think i'll just end up burning it to a dual layer but it's irritating that it doesnt work easily.

Finally, i made a nifty little command prompt installing program that runs the various steps of installing the enhancement pack, opengl patch and dvd codec if wanted - is anyone interested in me uploading a copy of it?

Hmm, so i remade the iso, this time using blank movies1, movies2 and movies3 tre files. 2nd mission briefing plays, then after the ISIS bit, the 2nd video plays, but the 3rd (blair telling casey to shape up) and the launch video don't! yet if the movies1 tre file is there it does!

I think i'll just end up burning it to a dual layer but it's irritating that it doesnt work easily.

Finally, i made a nifty little command prompt installing program that runs the various steps of installing the enhancement pack, opengl patch and dvd codec if wanted - is anyone interested in me uploading a copy of it?

Somewhere along the way someone made a package that did just this, only that it was bundled together with the movie packs. I don't remember if they ever released the installer separately for those that don't feel like redownloading the VOBs. If not, I'm sure we could host a file like that.

i am waiting for someone to create a full length movie on Prophecy, same as the ones created for WC3 and WC4

I followed all the instructions and the graphics look great and I get 5.1 audio from the cinematics. Problem is I can't see the cinematics. I'll either get a black screen or it'll stay in whatever room I click to start a given cinematic.

I'm trying to run this on Windows 7 Professional, by the way.

EDIT:

I just used the following patch right now and I finally get video and 5.1 audio but the video has a lot of combing.

Here is a new version of the WCP DVD patch, please give it a try and let me know if it solves your problems. New features:

- Some bugfixes
- Should work fine with the OpenGL driver, both in full screen and windowed mode.
- Looks for movies both on the installation directory and on the DVD drive detected by WCP. If you want to burn a DVD with WCP and the HD movies, now is the time!

Please note: Direct3D and Glide support have been dropped. This shouldn't be an issue, however, since i don't think anyone is using these anymore (strictly speaking, Glide mode *should* work, but hasn't really been tested with the new code)

hmm, my program is decidedly less high tech, but if you make up a dvd it will install wcp and the patches for you. should i upload it?

there is no GUI, and the size depends if i should bundle the enhancement pack, opengl etc in there, if not the readme gets more complicated.

basically it's a batch file that controls the install but of everything

As long as you're not bundling gigabytes of movies, it's probably worthwhile to release what all you have.

Back