Prophecy Movie Upgrade (3/3) (October 11, 2006)

Never heard of a Prophecy DVD. Is this a rare version of the game like the WC4 DVD version?

WCP DVD was produced by the same people that made the WC4 DVD but it was never released. It was supposed to come packaged with one of creatives DVD drive bundles but a last minute switcheroo meant that the WCP DVD wasn't included in favor of an unenhanced flightsim on DVD. So The WCP DVD has never been publicly available.

Is there any way to get a copy of the Prophecy DVD uploaded so that we can download it?

You can already download the DVD-quality movies from this site and have them run during gameplay. It might not be a good idea to put the whole game up for download though. The people who are still selling the cd version of it might get mad.

You can already download the DVD-quality movies from this site and have them run during gameplay. It might not be a good idea to put the whole game up for download though. The people who are still selling the cd version of it might get mad.

Exactly... There are plans for a secondary patch that will allow the game to read the high res movies from a dvd you burn instead of off your harddrive but The CIC will never distribute the game itself.

Hi Res modifications

So how do you get the DVD quality movies to play during the game? What do you have to do?

Downloaded and installed the enhancement pack, but the game still uses the original movies. Am I doing something wrong?

Downloaded and installed the enhancement pack, but the game still uses the original movies. Am I doing something wrong?

did you create the "movie" subdirectory in the prophecy folder and then put all the VOBs there? Also the inital logo video won't be DVD quality. The first one is the intro cinematic.

If a Prophecy DVD was made, I find it strange that some VOBs would be missing -- especially the main title (WC: Prophecy) logo right at the beginning

Ports like that are often made with very small teams with limited resources, so it's very easy for things like that to fall through the cracks.

I believe it displays the Prophecy logo as a graphic rather than a movie.

There's actually a couple of movies that aren't in the VOBs either but the high res source included those videos in prophecies original movie format. I don't remember if the logo movies were included in that set. HCls patch plays any missing VOBs from your copy of prophecy's original movie files so it doesn't really matter that there isn't a high res copy available.

Back