Prophecy Movie Upgrade (3/3) (October 11, 2006)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
It's finally here -- part three of the Wing Commander Prophecy movie upgrade! If you've been following the releases, you should now have every video in the game in DVD-quality format! Download the set here (550 MB). The archive includes 45 cinematics in .VOB format. This final pack includes the game's stunning conclusion, all the losing endgames... and a heck of a lot of briefings! You can still download part one here (1.6 GB) and part two here (1 GB). What do you have to look forward to, now? Well, keep watching the news for a way to integrate these files into your CD-ROM version of the game...

--
Original update published on October 11, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. Thank you!

Would there be any possiblity to use these movies ingame with Prophecy?

Nevermind, I somehow missed the last sentence of the news. ;-)

Is it just me or did Maniac mouth the words “I love you” to Blair at the end of the third clip. I never noticed that when playing the game.

There was supposed to be a question mark at the end of that first sentence.

omg!!!

Great news...High Res Prophecy with DVD like FMVs....will this dream finally come true???

Awesome!!!

Can't wait untill there's an update on how to intergrate these into the WCP CD-ROM's!

Uhm, does anyone else have problems opening part 2? I've downloaded it twice now, but when I try opening with Winzip 9.0, it says : "cannot open file : it does not appear to be a valid archive....". I also tried opening with winrar, where it says : "unexpected end of archive"
(part 1 & 3 extract without problems)
P.S. : Thx very much LOAF for posting this (where did u find this after all these years?)
EDIT : after using a zip repair program, I was able to recover all but one of the .VOB files. (IF there are in fact 46 .VOB files in part 2)
Could someone please post "1985.VOB" separately, or PM me for my Gmail address so u can mail it to me (I think it's just under the 10 MB limit)
Thx in advance,
Confed

Bandit LOAF said:
If you've been following the releases, you should now have every video in the game in DVD-quality format!
I finally finished downloaded all three packages yesterday. I am grateful for this wonderful resource, but I have to say that your statement is not true, LOAF. Whether the omissions are deliberate or simple mistakes, here is a list of what's missing from the original CD-ROM movies:

1. While the Dolby Digital and Origin logo sequences are present, I find it odd that the Prophecy logo is not. Admittedly, this omission is quite trivial and probably would not detract from a DVD game experience. The original CD-ROM files are 0000.WVE, 0001.WVE, and 0002.WVE
  2. The debriefing scenes after the "Holding the Line" mission (where the Kilrathi assist in the defence of the Midway) are absent. This includes the Wilford's yelling at Casey (if the player attacks the Kilrathi with Hawk), and subsequent debriefing for "Panther Scramble" (salvaging Casey's career after his attack on the Kilrathi is discovered). The original CD-ROM files are 1400.WVE, 1405.WVE, 1410.WVE, and 1415.WVE.
  3. Two of Rachel's 'debriefings' (which are only available on CD3) are also missing from the VOB set. The files are 2430.WVE and 2460.WVE
Is it possible to have anything done about at least point 2? I think that is probably the most serious omission. In any case, it was fun watching Prophecy again. The movie quality may not be as good as standard DVDs, but it's still much better than the original CD-ROMs.

Confed said:
EDIT : after using a zip repair program, I was able to recover all but one of the .VOB files. (IF there are in fact 46 .VOB files in part 2)
46 is correct. There is nothing wrong with the zip archive that I can tell. It must not have downloaded correctly. Did you use a download manager?

Wedge009 said:
  1. While the Dolby Digital and Origin logo sequences are present, I find it odd that the Prophecy logo is not. Admittedly, this omission is quite trivial and probably would not detract from a DVD game experience. The original CD-ROM files are 0000.WVE, 0001.WVE, and 0002.WVE
  2. The debriefing scenes after the "Holding the Line" mission (where the Kilrathi assist in the defence of the Midway) are absent. This includes the Wilford's yelling at Casey (if the player attacks the Kilrathi with Hawk), and subsequent debriefing for "Panther Scramble" (salvaging Casey's career after his attack on the Kilrathi is discovered). The original CD-ROM files are 1400.WVE, 1405.WVE, 1410.WVE, and 1415.WVE.
  3. Two of Rachel's 'debriefings' (which are only available on CD3) are also missing from the VOB set. The files are 2430.WVE and 2460.WVE
Is it possible to have anything done about at least point 2? I think that is probably the most serious omission. In any case, it was fun watching Prophecy again. The movie quality may not be as good as standard DVDs, but it's still much better than the original CD-ROMs.

I knew about the 1400 - 1415 ones but somehow I missed those two rachel briefings when I extracted all the WCP FMV way back when. The high quality source does not have these files in VOB format. It's possible the Rachel ones are missing from the DVD entirely but the 1400, 1405, 1410, and 1415 ones are there in their original format (non high quality). But they are in Special.tre. THe movie patch for the CD-rom version is going to use your CD's videos if any VOBs are missing so you will not actually miss these while playing the actual game.

KrisV said:
46 is correct. There is nothing wrong with the zip archive that I can tell. It must not have downloaded correctly. Did you use a download manager?
I dl-ed the files with Firefox. Could this have been the cause? I can try again with Internet Explorer at work. (almost at my monthly limit at home)

Wedge009 said:
Thanks for the info, AD. If nothing can be done about the omission, that's fine.
Yeah... ultimately, with 99% of the game in DVD quality, it would be pointless to worry too much about the remaining 1% ;).

Never heard of a Prophecy DVD. Is this a rare version of the game like the WC4 DVD version?

Back