Prophecy Demo

Skanks

Rear Admiral
Is it possible to use any of the newer high res features (or OpenGL) modes with the Prophecy Demo, the one with the extra story missions?

have you tried already to use the enhanced starfield patch or the high res pack from hcl?

besides if not, it still possible to use the 3dfx mode with the glide wrapper, but only in the resolution of 640x860 i think..

btw: are there other wc demos with different storylines than in the original game?

The WC2 demo shows different cinematic artwork, but I think new gameplay is restriced to the WCP Demo

The Prophecy demo is unique in that it's a little story that goes alongside the game. The WC3, WC4 and WCP 3dfx Test demos are all new missions but they don't have any storytelling associated with them.

The WC3 demo is a patrol where you fight off several Dralthi. It's interesting because the game has a slightly different 'feel' to it in places.

The WC4 demo is a timed gauntlet where you launch from the Intrepid and fight off wave after wave of pirates. It has some cool stuff in it, including a weird easter egg where you get a stormfire as a powerup! (Lock onto Decker's shuttle which is flying around and follow it for 30 seconds... it "drops" a stormfire you can collect).

The WCP 3dfx demo is a gauntlet against the Kilrathi with some surprises if you get far enough.

The Privateer 2 demo isn't a unique mission, it's just a timed session where you can fly around the tri-system (IIRC you have one SOS mission already assigned to you, but you can't really get there and finish it in time.)

thanx for your great help loaf :)

so is there a wcp demo AND a wcp 3dfx demo?

just leaves the question if the high res patch works with the prophecy demos..

The Prophecy demo is unique in that it's a little story that goes alongside the game. The WC3, WC4 and WCP 3dfx Test demos are all new missions but they don't have any storytelling associated with them.

Someone should really make a patch that - along with the high-res package - puts these missions back into the game where they fit in the storyline. It's not really essential but it would be a neat effort.

can someone check out please, if the wcp demos work with the high res or enhanced starfield patch?

Someone should really make a patch that - along with the high-res package - puts these missions back into the game where they fit in the storyline. It's not really essential but it would be a neat effort.

That would be great, but I take it the answer to my initial question is no then.

In fact, it was pretty easy to have the OpenGL renderer and enhanced starfield work with the WCPDemo... but since I am too lazy to write a bunch of instructions in English I'll just post an updated installer that'll do everything for you: get it here.

IIRC that old OpenGL release had a bug preventing screenshots to be taken. The new one we're working on has it fixed. I hope to be able to release it soon.

I can get you screenshots with the new version, if you want.

IIRC that old OpenGL release had a bug preventing screenshots to be taken. The new one we're working on has it fixed. I hope to be able to release it soon.

I can get you screenshots with the new version, if you want.

I posted up some Standoff pictures for now. If you have some cool screenshots to go along with your next update, that'd be great.

anyone knows where the demo mission campaign fits in the game?

Yes! This marvelous screenshot that only pops up on new Demo games has some wonderful background history on the Prophecy setting and where the demo takes place (between the H'hrass and T'lan Meth missions in the full game).

wcp_demo.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
So is this an OpenGL version of just the wcpdemo or both wcpdemo and wcp 3dfx test? (Just curious!)

Back