Problems? Post them here...

I have a similar problem. While playing the first mission I just wanted to test if "ejecting" works... well it works... I ejected and saw the video dequence... but when I wanted to continue the game crashed. Without an error message...

I had another crash while normally existing the game from the main room. There was a fatal error... something with "Speedthreading" or something like that and -1 ... if I see the error again I'll post it.

Simulator not working for me... main game not working for me... so I'll wait until a stable version of Standoff is released. The work done here is more than excellent but you can see from the status and crashes that this modding stuff and Wing Commander interface is near its limits...

First problem is actually not our fault. It's Origin's! I swear! From the Launcher FAQ: (which everyone should read anyways because we address many issues that keep popping up here)

Q. Why does the game sometimes crash in the menu after I have ejected?

A. This is an original Secret Ops bug that we have been unable to fix. When you eject, the game will always crash if you skipped the first part of the ejection sequence cutscene. Specifically - you can safely skip the sequence where your pilot is being picked up, but if you skip the part where your ship is exploding, you will likely encounter this bug. Fortunately, the bug only causes the game to crash when you exit the menu - so if you were picked up by Confed, the game will have time to autosave, and it will only crash when you try to exit the game or start the next mission.

If do get that exiting error, yes we need to message, so please write it down.

We know what's wrong with the sim and are very close to fixing the crashing bug.

If I have to wait another year to play Standoff, I will gladly do so (although I hope its sooner).

Year? We are hoping to have the patch ready considerably sooner than that :p

Pete and I are working on stuff right now...and hopefully later tonight we can have an internal patch ready to fix a bunch of bugs (sims, Arrow count, and of course memory crash).

The only thing that you'll have to wait a week or two for is the fully scored sim missions.

Hey question, I believe its mission 3 (winning path) once you've fended off the enemy, nothing happens, you can't auto pilot. I don't know why, but nothing happens, I sit there with whats left of the wing, waited for 5 minutes, no auto pilot, no notification that the flight deck had been repaired, nothing.

You need to be a bit more specific than that. Mission 3 of what? Ep5? Fend off enemy from what?

I can't tell if you are talking about the scramble or the Broadsword mission...

You need to be a bit more specific than that. Mission 3 of what? Ep5? Fend off enemy from what?

I can't tell if you are talking about the scramble or the Broadsword mission...

sorry, tried to be as spoiler free as possible. I'm talking about the broadsword/concordia mission. Right after killing off everything at the Connie nav.

Hmm I haven't seen it do that. What happens after the
PTC fires? Do you get Edmonds "she's destroyed" comm along with Stingray's get a drink message? What exactly happens for you when...nothing happens. Please investigate and give me some more intel.

Hmm I haven't seen it do that. What happens after the
PTC fires? Do you get Edmonds "she's destroyed" comm along with Stingray's get a drink message? What exactly happens for you when...nothing happens. Please investigate and give me some more intel.

The PTC and two ATM guns fire. The enemy ship blows up, you hear Trigger make two comments about the cruiser blowing up. Stingray and Edmonds say nothing. We clear out the remaining fighters and thats it.

I flew around the ship for a few moments, but nothing happened, even tried heading back to the firekka, but that didn't work either.

How many times have you tried playing the mission? Did this happen once or does it happen every time?

I haven't encountered this issue and I just replayed the mission several times.

How many times have you tried playing the mission? Did this happen once or does it happen every time?

I haven't encountered this issue and I just replayed the mission several times.

All three times,
Destroyed the carrier one time, and failed to do it twice, the outcome was the same.

Hmm ok I'll make a note of it. But not sure what would cause it because I can't reproduce it.

btw, now that I remember. Is it normal to receive the same email 2 times?

In the losing path of episode 4 I got that email with some explanation about the stealth fighters, and then in the start of episode 5 (winning path) I get the email again.

Say, I do hope you plan on having a patch ready sometime this week if the memory crash bug has actually been fixed. That is a bit too significant of an issue to leave us with for two weeks just to avoid having to do two patchs (one of them for just fully scored sim missions).

No believe me, we want the memory bug fixed ASAP. We wouldn't make you wait for that just to include the Sim missions. Those will come afterwards, hopefully very soon you'll all start your launchers and it will tell you an update is ready :p

Hmm. Well, it seems that I'm unable to start Standoff at all, which is strange considering that I was able to run the Prologue with the same setup earlier.

It gives me the standard "Standoff.exe has caused an error blah blah blah" error message. And to save time, yes, I am running it on compatibility mode. Curiously enough, removing the compatibility mode meant the game loaded up for a while before crashing compared to the compatility mode which crashes outright.

Running Geforce 8800 GTS with the latest official drivers and a Core 2 Duo CPU.

Oh yes, and obviously, Windows XP.

Hmm. Well, it seems that I'm unable to start Standoff at all, which is strange considering that I was able to run the Prologue with the same setup earlier.

It gives me the standard "Standoff.exe has caused an error blah blah blah" error message. And to save time, yes, I am running it on compatibility mode. Curiously enough, removing the compatibility mode meant the game loaded up for a while before crashing compared to the compatility mode which crashes outright.

Running Geforce 8800 GTS with the latest official drivers and a Core 2 Duo CPU.

If the game crashed, maybe it's still in the active proccesses. Use CTRL+ALT+DEL and check if Standoff.exe is on the procces list. If it is there, close it and run the game.

Try removing streplay.gsw, stautosave.gsw and the folders sthistory and stsave (put them in another directory outside of SO). See if it will put you into a new game. Enter a callsign and try a mission. Let me know what happens.

EDIT: Yes what NatReg said too. I have seen Standoff.exe remain in the processes and you need to kill it by hand. Also, make sure you don't have multiple Standoff Launcher.exe running. This can also happen if you get impatient trying to get the game to launch. I know I've done it.

Try removing streplay.gsw, stautosave.gsw and the folders sthistory and stsave (put them in another directory outside of SO). See if it will put you into a new game. Enter a callsign and try a mission. Let me know what happens.

EDIT: Yes what NatReg said too. I have seen Standoff.exe remain in the processes and you need to kill it by hand. Also, make sure you don't have multiple Standoff Launcher.exe running. This can also happen if you get impatient trying to get the game to launch. I know I've done it.

Yup, did both, but no luck. Also, this is a new installation - I think I removed the old Standoff prologue a couple of years back - it's just that I was running it on the same hardware.

Who is that and what is it? I'm not sure, you'd have to be more specific (but use the spoiler tags :p ).

At the very end after the last mission and before the final cutscene when you land and everyones on the flight deck, when you click on the Sabre at the top left you get this voice that sounds like its yelling Noooooooo! then some weird sounds haha.

Yup, did both, but no luck. Also, this is a new installation - I think I removed the old Standoff prologue a couple of years back - it's just that I was running it on the same hardware.

Try messing with the gfx settings. Enhanced lighting on and off....HDR on and off (if you were even using it). I know those can have issues at times. If that doesn't work please do a complete uninstall/reinstall and let me know the results.

Iceman16 said:
At the very end after the last mission and before the final cutscene when you land and everyones on the flight deck, when you click on the Sabre at the top left you get this voice that sounds like its yelling Noooooooo! then some weird sounds haha.

I wish he had put the entire sound in there...that's just a small part. I'll let Q explain why the person is yelling nooooo!

Back