playstation2 sucses or scam

Goldeneye kicks more ass than most playstation games, simply because of it's interface. Playstation controllers weren't designed with adult hands in mind, mainly children, so I was never comfortable with those goofy things. The N64 had alot better ergonomics.

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definatley true, but no one will believe me on that, also mouse and keyboard is apparently a far superior control method, until I beat them at some PC FPS on the net using my 64 controller, suddenly I'm flucky, must spend all my life on games. No one ever thinks that for those with the skill the 64 controller gives absolute perfect control.

See what I mean, just becuase they find the mouse and keyboard easier they can't accept it when I whoop their asses on half-life, with some clever thinking I even made the duck jump as easy to perform as on a mouse and keyboard, if not easier. You can't miss with the control setup and you can strafe and run forward at the same time with ease
smile.gif

I never did like the N64 controller. If each game gave you the optin of either using to stick or the direction pad, the controller would have been great. But some mae you use one, and some made you use the other. I had no problem's with the Playstation controller.

We have a computer room at work, and we play Delta Force against each other every day. I still don't like using the keyboard and the mouse when I play. I like it better using just the keyboard or just a controller.

But the PSX controller was made for kiddies while the n64 one was hailed as a revoloution. As for the option 99.9% of the time you have to use the analogue stick, duh noone uses a d-pad except for 2d games.

Can I just say that once and for all the dual shock thing is a joke, oohh nintendo has an anologue stick, lets have 2 that don't give any kind of precision. D-pads are NOT for 3d games, and although a DC pad feels the most comfortable it doesn't have enough buttons, and the PSX controller is for kiddie hands.

Pedro said:
But the PSX controller was made for kiddies while the n64 one was hailed as a revoloution. As for the option 99.9% of the time you have to use the analogue stick, duh noone uses a d-pad except for 2d games.

I personally never liked using the stick on the N64 Controller. I don't like it being in the middle like that. I used the D-pad whenever I could. Ofcourse what I mostly play is sports games or games you play aginst another human head-to-head like Tekken.

Pedro's absolutely right, as was I. The PSX controller wasn't designed for adult hands, just as the SNES wasn't made for adults. The PSX has more adult oriented games, but no adult oriented controllers. It's stupid in my opinion. Anyway, like he said, when used properly, the N64 interface is farly superior, just so long as you don't make the mistake of thinking the D-pad is better. Would you rather use the jerky motion of your 4 directional keys on the keyboard, or would you rather use a joystick to play WC? That's what I thought. The stick on the controller is the same way. As a farther example of the superiority of N64 controllers, think of one of it's spin-offs, the Gravis Xterminator. It's a hybrid of the best controllers out there, the N64 and the Sidewinder. With it's software, you can assign every button on it with no fewer than 3 commands. Use it in Half-Life and watch the blood fly and your blood stay put. I know from experience, and it's totally better than the mouse/keyboard combo or even Microsoft's latest attempt at a FPS combo, the Dual-Strike. If the Dual-Strike had a 'return to center', it would be superior, but if you let go of it, you're looking either at the ground or the sky, may have been the intention, but the Xterminator is still better, even for WC. (Try it, with that full motion, throttle, etc, it kicks ass!)

------------------
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Well actually, if I had a choice of joystick or keyboard, Knight, I'd take the keyboard. But normally, I would take the third option - the mouse.

It might just be me, but I can't stand that no return to center stuff. When I want to look forward, I don't have to have to look around first, I want to go there, when I want to stop climbing in WC, I just want to let it fall back, and not go all over the screen just to find it. If Playstation would come out with new, bigger, more ergonomic controllers, the PSX2 would kick that much more ass. That'll probably be the determining factor (it'll come after the price debate, I know that!) in my buying the Xbox, is how they decide to interface it. If they are going USB with everything and have plug-and-play joysticks and gamepads like PCs do now, or if they will box their own version.

------------------

Quarto said:
Well actually, if I had a choice of joystick or keyboard, Knight, I'd take the keyboard. But normally, I would take the third option - the mouse.

But the mouse wasn't an option. I was comparing hte 4 way keys on the keyboard, with the D-pad on the N64 controller, and the joystick to the continous-motion stick on the N64 controller.

------------------

Well since you all like the mouse and the mouse gives analogue control you are proving his point
smile.gif

Not really. This isn't about analogue vs. digital. It's about different controllers. And since Knight didn't consider the mouse, I'll make him consider it anyway
smile.gif

There are a lot of spin-offs of of the Playstation controller as well. I have one myself. I also have the Xterminator. To me it's not like the Playstation or N64 controller.

[This message has been edited by Sonic98 (edited May 23, 2000).]

Quarto said:
Not really. This isn't about analogue vs. digital. It's about different controllers. And since Knight didn't consider the mouse, I'll make him consider it anyway
smile.gif

Now wait a minute......

I want to claim an abuse of power!
smile.gif
J/K of course
cool.gif

------------------

Back