playstation2 sucses or scam

I don't think it's out in America yet, so I couldn't tell you.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Are you obsessed with the Playstation 2?
smile.gif

Last edited:
i have and my opinion (if any one cares) is that it is the same but different games and you canot play them on the origional

----------------------------------------
pimpin aint easy!

yeh i am obsesed it is a rip off!
mad.gif

[This message has been edited by angelus (edited May 13, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Than don't buy it, it's that simple.
smile.gif

Playstation 2 is suposed to have some cool features, and I think I'll buy it when the priced drops a little.

not me, heard bad things about it reliabiltiy and when I played an import I was less than impressed, think I'll get bleemcast (that looks so cool 400 PSX games full compat at launch hope WC3+4 are inc) and the DC DVD add-on to make up for the cool features and get a Nintendo Dolphin 6 months later.

angelus said:
yeh i am obsesed it is a rip off!
mad.gif

Well, vent your anger elsewhere. And why are you editing all of your posts? Are you adding typos?

Last edited:
Here's my plan for the PSX2... quite simply

Sell my old playstation (i have none of the incompatible games) and use the cash, as well as the spare cash i have stored, to buy the new one. That way, I can play the old games, and the new ones. That way it's more of an upgrade...

From what you say, it seems more like you're just angry about technology advancing, rather than the system itself, like you don't want to spend the cash, but as Earthworm stated, "Don't buy it", and yes, i know you recognized that too, i just had to go off and repeat it
wink.gif

------------------
"Your job is not to die for your country, your job is to make some poor dumb bastard die for his!"- Patton

PS2 has been labeled a munition (sp?) by the Japanese Millitray.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Robert "Meson" Stukowski

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

*Shows his SAPS-badge*

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

If you have a playstation, it's worth it buy the Playstation 2. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be an improvement on the orginal playstation. Even if all the new features are not working or included. You should, " at the least" be able to do what you did with the original and probably a little more. Just the fact that it will be faster, have better video, and better audio make it a good buy for people who already have a Playstation and like the playstation.

For those that don't have it........hey it's up to you.

Plus the fact that if half the features work, it'll be a complete home entertainment system, with a DVD player, support for Dolby Digital, etc. I'm debating on selling my N64 and buying one, just to have a total home entertainment system in a purchase under $400. But I think I might just keep the '64 and maybe sell some other stuff to buy one.

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Don't sell your 64. atleast not before x-mas, finally the 64 is getting some decent titles with silicon nights or whoever they are making that RE style game, RE:0, Perfect Dark, the next Zelda game, this is one year where the 64 will have the most quality titles. As for the PS2 argument thats all well and good if your willing to pay $400 to have your old PSX games look better, don't forget a DC + Bleemcast which will do the same job would only set you back half that, but if you want a naff DVD player that jerks and stalls, sure go ahead with the PS2

Just from first hand experience, the PS2 is a nice system.

Comes with a lot of expandability options as well.

DVD is actually fairly good(yes, better than what you'd get with most players, although it is umm....software...) graphics are damn nice(and no, the Dreamcast comes nothing close to matching it....unless you call less than 1/5th of the polygon through-put rate to be matching....), and the line-up of software is respectable....

I'm more interested in what's planned for it however....

That is most obviously not first hand expericene then because neither I who had a good hour on one or any of the non-psx reviews agreed with any of those points. Granted the PS2 only just cam eout in Japan but it still boils down to the current games looking no better than the DC ones. Lets see whats happened by the US release though shall we? It'll take a lot to convince me to part with that much cash for a console with no 1st/2nd party support though as most 3rd party stuff makes its way to the PC eventually.

Pedro said:
That is most obviously not first hand expericene then because neither I who had a good hour on one or any of the non-psx reviews agreed with any of those points. Granted the PS2 only just cam eout in Japan but it still boils down to the current games looking no better than the DC ones. Lets see whats happened by the US release though shall we? It'll take a lot to convince me to part with that much cash for a console with no 1st/2nd party support though as most 3rd party stuff makes its way to the PC eventually.

Obviously not? I own one.

Then how come your sentance was so far from the truth?? Have you even seen what a modern PC game or RE:CV looks like in comparison to the PS2 titles?

If you could tell me, let alone show me what a modem PC game is, you win that arguement. But you said you've had an hour on one, probably a demo model, and not a final production (unless you have a friend in Japan perhaps?) Nob probably has a few more hours on one, plus it's probably a production model, with more of the bugs worked out, perhaps.

Considering we're talking about one of the most advanced pieces of hardware out there today, I'd say chances are pretty good that the PSX2 will be a downright awesome machine, and that it would be worth getting, since you have backward compatibility to 99% of all PSX games, and some of the titles scheduled to be released on it sound promising. Though, from my end of the world, it'll be a while before I see or play a PSX2, this is all info I've gathered from the many articles I've read about it, namely all those PC hardware mags that are raving about its specs.

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Back