No In Flight Music In Privateer 2 - The Darkening Deluxe Edition

RyanFialcowitz

Swabbie
Banned
I'm not getting any in flight music at all, I do however get all other other voice acting and sound effects. The option is checked in the menu. . .

I'm using the Speed Patch and am running the game on Windows Xp.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

IIRC P2 uses a form of midi. It's possible that it's just not communicating with your PC correctly or that you don't have midi synth set up properly in windows.

Yes, P2 uses MIDI for its in-flight music.

You can try applying Windows 95 compatibility mode on the program first. If that doesn't work, you can try this.

Last edited by a moderator:
i tried this 'superpatch' but the midi sound dont come.
I am using a xp x64 edition.

What could be the reasson ? what other fixes we could to try ?

i tried this 'superpatch' but the midi sound dont come.
I am using a xp x64 edition.

What could be the reasson ? what other fixes we could to try ?

I need a little more information about what version of the game you are using and what you have done to trie using the game. Possibly windows isn't set up to output the MIDI sounds correctly. You might need to go to your multimedia section of the windows control panel and make sure the correct defaul midi output device is selected. (note that this is removed from the win vista/ win7 control panel)

ok.

i am using the Privateer 2 Deluxe version. From windows xp x64.
The default midi device is 'microsoft gs wavetable SW synth'

Anyways, can you please give more technical info related to your patch ? I am interesting in the way that you tried to fix this problem in privateer 2. I am meaning more deep information than the one into this .sdb strange file.

thx in advance

ok

mpu-401 c0mpatible MIDI device

E/S interval 0330-0331
irq 5

no conflicts. what should i do now ?

I notice that you are running 64-bit version of XP. I'm not sure if that is the point of difference...

The priv2.sdb applies the CorrectSoundDeviceId shim when running the program.

Also, try using this application to change your default MIDI port and see if that will make a difference.
http://www.sdim.gr/mpc/

If all else fails, you can play the DOS version of P2 instead using DOSBox for emulation. (Probably the easiest solution at this point)

mincemeat, i have tried all this, but dont works.
i have two midi devices

1 - microsoft fs wavetable sw synth
2 - mpu-401 compatible midi device

i have change between them using the windos audio controls and this program you said, but no results.
midi play dont come. Anyways i am curious because you say in the priv2.sdb that your program also patches the wave api callings, but this part of the program works without your sdb file. So can you explan more deep where you found this info related to these two api calls and the 32 bits argument that is passed ?

thx in adbance

I learnt how to use it by following the step-by-step guide available from that Microsoft link. I'm afraid there's not much else out there.

ok, these past days i was examining the dark.exe alive code, and at finally i got the midi sound to works.
Anyways i have tried tons of times with this m$ tool that you have said without any results.

Back