NEW WING COMMANDER?

Ok Earthworm... do you have any real proof, or are you just basing your reasoning on "I'm right because there's no proof I'm wrong"?
Because on that basis, I could say that Star Wars is in the same universe as WC... and get laughed out of the chatzone
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
As often as it takes, Chris. I'm sick of people saying "there's plenty of proof" and then not providing any proof. Frankly, I don't care one way or another about the issue, but I'd like to be able to make my mind up based on all the facts, not just on the illogical little snippets that Earthworm provides.

When it comes to what's in the WC universe, I don't remember the last time I saw Earthworm come up with something I'd call an illogical snippet.
smile.gif

And I don't remember the last time he provided any sort of proof, with the exception of the "I don't see anything that disproves this" sort of proof.
But in relation to Priv 2, I'll shut up now. Just checked the Priv2 FAQ...

Either way, he's right. And the P2 FAQ isn't the only official source that proves it (besides the game, that is).

Quarto said:
And I don't remember the last time he provided any sort of proof, with the exception of the "I don't see anything that disproves this" sort of proof.
But in relation to Priv 2, I'll shut up now. Just checked the Priv2 FAQ...

But technicly that's all that is needed.
smile.gif
There is no mention of there not being any ancient human, or alien races that moved the people to the Tri-Systems, in any of the WC products. We also know that P2 is a part of the WC universe from the game itself, and the OSI P2 FAQ. So it's prety obvious that there must be some kind of explenation for them either being there for 2000 years, or lying to the new generations there.

Quarto says: Because on that basis, I could say that Star Wars is in the same universe as WC... and get laughed out of the chatzone

That's BS Quarto, of course you can't do that.
wink.gif
SW was never intended to be in the WC universe, it wasn't made by the people that made WC games, it wasn't made by OSI, or with a license from OSI.... P2 meets all of those requirements.

From the Priv2 FAQ at the OSI site on EA:

Does Privateer 2: The Darkening take place in the Wing Commander Universe?
Privateer 2: The Darkening takes place in an isolated section of the Wing Commander universe. The Tri-System is not currently a part of the Confederation.

This is pretty weak, sounds like something they thought up to appeal to WC fans.

That's BS Quarto, of course you can't do that. SW was never intended to be in the WC universe, it wasn't made by the people that made WC games, it wasn't made by OSI, or with a license from OSI.... P2 meets all of those requirements.
Ah, but you see, this would be where your argument of "nobody said that it's not true" comes in
smile.gif
. So, now I would say that nobody ever said that SW wasn't intended to be in the WC universe, and that nobody ever said that OSI and LucasArts weren't collaborating
smile.gif
Of course, all of the above is just plain ridiculous as you can clearly see, but that's exactly my point
smile.gif

Darkstar said:
From the Priv2 FAQ at the OSI site on EA:

Does Privateer 2: The Darkening take place in the Wing Commander Universe?
Privateer 2: The Darkening takes place in an isolated section of the Wing Commander universe. The Tri-System is not currently a part of the Confederation.

This is pretty weak, sounds like something they thought up to appeal to WC fans.

Yeah that's true. Just like they did with that.... what's the name? Vengance of the Kilrathi. They stuck that WC name on it to appeal to the WC fans.

Quarto said:
That's BS Quarto, of course you can't do that. SW was never intended to be in the WC universe, it wasn't made by the people that made WC games, it wasn't made by OSI, or with a license from OSI.... P2 meets all of those requirements.
Ah, but you see, this would be where your argument of "nobody said that it's not true" comes in
smile.gif
. So, now I would say that nobody ever said that SW wasn't intended to be in the WC universe, and that nobody ever said that OSI and LucasArts weren't collaborating
smile.gif
He he, but we know that P2 is a part of the universe, and because it isn't said otherwise, those things are possible. Meanwhile, we know tha LucasArts never worked with OSI, we know that no one ever planed to make it WC (probably because there was no WC at the time
smile.gif
).

Of course, all of the above is just plain ridiculous as you can clearly see, but that's exactly my point
smile.gif
Then why the hell did you post this?! You just wasted two minutes of my life! I hate you Quarto, you s0ocK!

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

He he, but we know that P2 is a part of the universe, and because it isn't said otherwise, those things are possible. Meanwhile, we know tha LucasArts never worked with OSI, we know that no one ever planed to make it WC (probably because there was no WC at the time ).
Ah, but SW takes place "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away", while WC takes place "in the distant future"
smile.gif
. That implies they're both a part of the normal universe
smile.gif
. Scary, isn't it? Fortunately we all know it's BS and they're quite separate. But see where "nobody said that it's not true" can get you
wink.gif
?

IIRC, I once read that The Darkening was a totally different project being made by Erin Roberts, but was so similar to the style of Wing Commander: Privateer that they just decided to call it a sequel. Don't get me wrong, I'll instantly agree that P2 is in the WC Universe, but was it always that way?

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Erin Roberts went to England to make a Priv game.. then for a section of the production it was changed to just The Darkening. Then for the final six months to eight months of production or so it was back to being a Priv game.

Actually, Earthworm, it's so logical that it's scary... both claim to be set in the real universe, so therefore both are set in the same, real universe.

[Note to others: No, I do not really believe that is true. This is just an example we're using.]

Quarto said:
Actually, Earthworm, it's so logical that it's scary... both claim to be set in the real universe, so therefore both are set in the same, real universe.

Quarto, I think you forgot your medicine again.
smile.gif

[Note to others: No, I do not really believe that is true. This is just an example we're using.]
Yes Quarto, I'm sure all of us will belive you.
biggrin.gif

NOOOOOO!!! I will kill you, Earthworm!!

[Is it just me, or has the number of silly posts been rising drastically of late?]

Back