New fighter concept

this is possible, but unlikely... since we use 20+ background pictures in almost every mission!

btw, in this case I could use some info on the fighter... or do you wanr me to write a bio for it?

I want to figure out the stats and the history of that plane myself. The History shouldn't prove to be too hard to create without actually contradicting WC canon when I stick to the guidlines Quarto and Eder suggested, and you can always modify it if you don't like it.:D It is less protected in terms of armor and shields than a Scimitar, but a faster and more maneuverable, and it carries four missiles. Right now, I have armed it with 2Laser/2photons but I'll have to experiment until I decide the final armament.

I'll send it to you along with a table entry when I'm finished. You'll then maybe have to modify some of the entries like speed, armor and stuff because I have no clue which system you use to convert the standard WC stats to Freespace other that it "feels" right.

hell, this conversion is really a pain in the ass!

But, right now we do have a real WC feeling (at least that is what our beta testers say :) )

And, yes I will modify evrrything :D I am an Admiral afterall :p

Yeah, this Admirals are a royal pain in the ass. :D :p

BTW I suscribed to the Freespace SCP to bug the local folks with ideas which would be useful for WCS. But they'll surely get ignored in favor for a fancy graphical thing. :rolleyes:

well, do not forget that they have included almost everthing we need :D:

landing on carriers
divx support
poly limit
high res textures
cloaking is under development

two missing things that come into my mind are: cap ships shields (they render the game VERY unstable) and autopilot+nav points.

I just downloaded the new Alpha. I noticed that you didn't use the models with the fixed texture positions that I sent you. Why?

because... they do not have lods, thrusters... and is it a mistake of modelview or are your models bigger?

That's...strange. They functioned well on my machine. :confused:
I edited the models with the Segeltuch *pof-editor. Maybe it changed something while I wasn't looking. Strange indeed.

I've double checked that... size is correct... MV has been playing wild in the last couple of days. Example: I load a model with textures and my pc reboots.

hmm... ok... if you could add thrusters from the original models... and lods if there are any... (however that job can be done by Starman, who is unfortunately away for 1 or 2 weeks)

Anyway, this models would be in the next alpha!

Speaking of which: could you send me all edited models (*.pof) again?

I just looked into it. It seems that Segeltuch has played a nasty trick on me and resized the models without my knowledge.

And BTW the models that I have on my HD have thrusters and ther reason that they have no lods is that they had no LODS before. :)

Edit: It seems to be a glitch in Modelview 32 due to my modifications. The modified model is 18/6/18 and the original is 13/5/15. Something smells bad here. Even if the ship was resized, it sould have the same proportions, but according to Modelview it isn't the case. And the two models resemble each other, leave alone the minor texture alignment changes, the Proportions of the modified one are exactly the same and the shield mesh hasn't changed either. A new case for the X-Files...

BTW I just noticed that one of the engine glows of the Rapier II is smaller than it should be. Someone will have to fix this.

yeah

the reason is: we are a bit shorthanded... wc2 fighters have to be reviewed one more time...

nobody wants to texture my Confed Destroyer :(

btw, could you take a look at drakhris textures? since they are used in our current missions...

Ok I'll do the Drakri next instead of the Sabre.

One question: I forgot; should I change the textures of Eder's kilrathi Fighters too or will they stay as the are?

well, we HAVE to change that...

btw, I 've reveived the Venture from Eder... it could use new textures too :(

I'll send you the models tomorrow. They should have everything they need...I hope. If the bug with the ship size is still there, ask someone else to fix it.

I have an idea: Maybe the size problem occurs because Modelview counts the shild mesh too if the pof-file has been made/edited with Segeltuch. My Cutlass fighter which i posted here was 24m long befor I added the shield mesh, afterwards, it was 32 meters long. That could be it...maybe.

Back