Klavs greate model of the Bengal and StarCitizen made me to go back to my own model.
As I noticed that Klavs Bengal got smaller and StarCitizens got bigger I thought to myself...whats a good size and how does everything fit into it?
So I went back and created the basic shape as its seen in the Clawmarks. From there my first step was to keep the 700m length (I am not doing the Claw here but one of the later ships) but fit in all the 104 fighters its supposed to carry.
Next step was to think about how high each deck would be and the stuff in between. You know where all the cables, tubes and what not are.
Going from there I changed sizes again. Still fixed to keep the 700m length.
Other points I incooperated or think about are as of now:
- The number of big turrets is about the same as in the Clawmarks
- Number of AA turrets is from the movie numbers
- Side missile tubes (changed to planetary bombardment missiles keep from the time as the Bengal was a "troop transport" ) from the movie
- Under the flightdeck will be a number of torpedo tubes, also kinda taken over from the movie
- Hangar will be similar to that of the movie claw
- Bridge...well kinda inspired by a mix of StarCitizen and the ingame graphics
- Catapulte tubes from the game
- Still thinking about incooperating the fletcher guns for missile defance as it was mentioned in the novels
- Building into the model the bridge, CIC, sleepingroom and other rooms but most importendly the bar ^_^
- Creating the lower hangardecks
- Made the connection to the outer pod a bid more like the WCATV version.
- think I don't know yet.....maybe you know a detail from the game, series, novels that would be interesting to fit in.
PS: Using the "create thumbnails" option didn't worked for me as the images didn't opend when you clicked on one...so the images are pretty big. Sorry ^_^