Need a wireframe drawing or pdf file of the Centurion

Back to the original topic -- I've found the model, and can do high-res renders of the Centurion if you need them.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Back to the original topic -- I've found the model, and can do high-res renders of the Centurion if you need them.

Thanks! That would come in handy. In fact, a high res render would assist me with the detail on the model. I want to build it as close to the original look as possible, of course there will be minor changes for flight control, mostly to the rear of the model. I would really appreciate it LOAF! TIA! :)
You can send it via email to rfburns@rfburns.net

RFB

I shure could use that high-res model LOAF! If you can, send what you can to my email addy! Thanks again! :)

RFB

Right, sorry, forgot -- will post it here when I get home...

Thanks! You da man!! It will help tremendously, since the framework will change somewhat from the original dxf file sent to me some weeks back.

RFB

mytwocents.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent! Thank you very much LOAF! That is indeed a high res pic. How difficult would it be to make that model to run in WCPSO? Thanks again! :)

RFB

We'll have to wait until mainstream computers can support high-poly ships, then we can convert the source models to... hey, I can dream, can't I?

Very... that model has about as many polygons as all the ships in Prophecy combined...

Wow! Now that I see the high res pic of the Centurion, it does have tons of polys! Maybe it will work if its the only ship in the game! :D It shure would be nice to have the model work in WCPSO, to sort of get a full motion view from the external camera and to take some pics for the updates on the project site. Do you know of anyone who could work on that model to add to the WCPSO ships? Actually I think that until a new WC game comes out, it would be neat to have all the WC ships made for WCP and SO. Thanks so much LOAF, this high res pic really will help with the external details! I can actually see where I need to make minor changes in the hull for aerodynamics. :)

RFB

I'm curious: for the benefit of those who are able to work wonders with models and what-not, are those source models in any readable format for other 3D modelling programs? Because if it's possible to reduce the number of polygons from the source model, there'd be no need to design a model from scratch for sprite-based WCs. Of course, if it was possible, I guess the modders would have done that already...

Maybe it is impossible because if they are the original models from Origin they are still copyrighted...
BTW is it possible to know what program was used to do them ? I used to think they were done on Silicon Graphics, but I must be wrong because I do not think you have an SGI at home LOAF...

My only problem with releasing the models is that I don't have permission to do so -- as soon as I get that, you can all mess around with the original source models...

Thats understandable. I hope you can get the permission soon! I would like to try to convert that Centurion to work in WCP and SO. Thanks for everything LOAF! :)

RFB

Back