Need a wireframe drawing or pdf file of the Centurion

RFBurns

Spaceman
Hello fellow fans. I was impressed by the Lego ship shown on the news page, and it occured to me, I build RC model airplanes, why not an RC WC ship as well! Since I personally favor the classic Centurion fighter from Privateer/RF, I thought it would be neat to build one and actually make it fly like other RC planes. What I need is a wireframe drawing on paper or acrobat file of the Centurion framework to build the frame out of balsa wood. Does anyone in the editing/mod community have a wireframe of the Centurion? I think this would turn out to be a workable project, who knows, maybe some RC company and EA/OSI take notice!! Of course, credit will be given to whomever can provide a wireframe drawing, preferably on acrobat format.
TIA!

RFB

Absolutely, the Centurion model from our WCTC project should work great. It's a DXF file (you can get plenty of views), shall I e-mail it to you?

Originally posted by dreddnott
Absolutely, the Centurion model from our WCTC project should work great. It's a DXF file (you can get plenty of views), shall I e-mail it to you?

Thanks for the reply! You can send it via email to rfburns@rfburns.net. I really do appriciate this alot! I already bought about 200 bucks worth of model supples, balsa wood framing, aluminum tubing, paint and some other supplies. I rounded up the servos and radios, now all I need is the wireframe drawing, blow it up and begin the framework. If all goes well, this puppy should turn out great! Might take quite some time to complete, but well worth it!! Thanks again!!

RFB

Originally posted by WildCat
whats an RC model? i'd like to make WC models myself

RC models are models of cars, airplanes and rockets that you can drive or fly via radio remote control, some so elaborate they have them tied into their PC's with full camera views from inside model plane's cockpits, rear view cameras, and some folks have assembled a full blown, full size cockpit they sit in while flying their models around. Oh here and there you see some neat crashes!! Although when my RC Centurion takes its first flight, it will be done in a heavily controlled, open and empty field! I will also take pictures of the building process as well as video of the first test flight. Maybe even post some pics during wind testing after the frame and hull are built.

RFB

wow!! perhaps you could post something on how to build them? parts you need and soforth.. thats something I would really love to build.. i mean really really love to build... its a shame most WC ships won't fly though.. imagine trying to get the longbow to take off :)

Originally posted by WildCat
wow!! perhaps you could post something on how to build them? parts you need and soforth.. thats something I would really love to build.. i mean really really love to build... its a shame most WC ships won't fly though.. imagine trying to get the longbow to take off :)

I will be happy to post the entire procedure once I complete the first prototype model, from building the framework pieces all the way thru to final assembly and pre flight testing. Once I get the wireframe drawing from one of the WCTC members, I can begin the process of making the individual pieces of the framework and making an assembly book. This will involve tons of wood cutting, aluminum tubing cutting and test fitting, as well as documentation on each step of the construction process. I have informed the CIC of my project, which I have named "Project Centurion". You can stay tuned to the CIC or my web site http://www.rfburns.net for further information and possible pictures of the construction/testing phases.

RFB

Sorry it took so long. Check your mail! We have most other models...I'd bet a Dralthi Mk. I would fly ok (as would most other WC1 Kilrathi).

Sorry it took so long. Check your mail! We have most other models...I'd bet a Dralthi Mk. I would fly ok (as would most other WC1 Kilrathi).

Thank you very much! If possible, you can send wireframe drawings of the WC ships that might be able to fly and after the Centurion project, I would be willing to begin on other WC ships too.

Since the project will take quite some time to complete (mostly making the framework pieces and assembly)I will post here in the fan projects forum as well as send reports to the CIC news desk and post on my web site the progress of the project, including some pictures.

Thanks again!!

RFB

Sounds like there may be some more RC projects in the near future! Thanks for the wireframe files!! As materials are gathered up and the drafting of the wireframe begins shortly, I will keep all informed as to how "Project Centurion" is moving along. Thanks to dreaddnott of the WCTC team for providing the wireframe files.

RFB

Lesseeee....Gladius, Gratha, Sabre, Gothri, Jalkehi, quite a few that we do have, a couple we don't...

Could you give more details on the format of the file? Like what proggie I need to get a paper print?..Thanks!

RFB

Lesseeee....Gladius, Gratha, Sabre, Gothri, Jalkehi, quite a few that we do have, a couple we don't...

Great!! Now if I could ask one more thing, I need to get a side view of the wireframe you already sent, beings I dont have autocad, and the viewer only sees the top view and wont rotate the wireframe, it would be greatly appreciated!
I would hate to have the model end up too fat or too tall!!

TIA!

RFB

Wonder how a WC3 kilrathi fighter model would fly.
*imagines a field littered with splintered wood and busted engines*
nevermind :p

Originally posted by $tormin
Wonder how a WC3 kilrathi fighter model would fly.
*imagines a field littered with splintered wood and busted engines*
nevermind :p

Probably real good with a little help from a suspension wire strung between two trees!

RFB

Back