Nasty!

Wildshot

Spaceman
Does anyone else find the pictures of the Nephilum Queen strangely nasty, yet not know why?

I'm not talking about the fact her head looks like the saucer section of the Enterprise, there's just something about that that just doesn't seem kosher.

Yeah, its a giant bug, its just I'm seeing some subtle shapes in there and being as vague as I possibly can, Im seeing things I don't want to see.

Btw, this isn't the same bug that Blair fights in the ending cutscene, is it? If it is, the one he fought worked out a lot more. Otherwise, I don't seem to recall this one in the game.

Remember that those were only concept sketches - the Kraken and the Moray looked better and more refined in the game, IMO.

The Overlord who confronted Blair at the end of WCP looks a bit like the Queen picture, only thinner and without the weapon thing on the head. I think that weapon thing is weird. Most things about the Nephilim look biological in nature - yet that weapon looks like a piece of technology grafted onto the head.

Funny, I envisioned the Queen as some giant squishy thingy pumping out loads of eggs. :) It could be that the Overlord we see in WCP was based on the Queen concept sketch, but they decided to call it the Overlord instead. I don't know, I don't even have the book.

Originally posted by Wedge009

(...) Funny, I envisioned the Queen as some giant squishy thingy pumping out loads of eggs. :)
Now now... you're thinking of Aliens... :D

Originally posted by Supdon3
He meant Warlord. Which came from the Prophecy Guide

Which Prophecy guide would this be. I'm just asking because I know very little about Prophecy since I bought it several years after it was released.

Whoops, yeah, I meant Warlord. :eek:

Originally posted by mpanty
Now now... you're thinking of Aliens...
Erm, no. I've only seen bits of Alien Resurrection, and that's it. But if the Nephilim could be considered an insectile race with a 'Queen' or a "mother creature", it makes sense to think of the Queen in the same manner as we think of Queen insects in reality. Okay, so drop the squishy bit then...

Originally posted by Wedge009
Erm, no. I've only seen bits of Alien Resurrection, and that's it. But if the Nephilim could be considered an insectile race with a 'Queen' or a "mother creature", it makes sense to think of the Queen in the same manner as we think of Queen insects in reality. Okay, so drop the squishy bit then...

What you've described was the Queen from Aliens to a tee.

However, why do insectoid species from outer space have to be similar to insectoid species on Earth. Why should they be structured in hives just because they have an exoskeleten. Why can't they have mommies and daddies instead of mommy and...... you know......

'Cause we wouldn't be able to identify them otherwise. I think if they try to be too creative, the aliens would just come off as being weird.

Why not? I'd like to see an alien that's totally off the wall, not a big cat, bird, or bug, or a guy with some goofy-lookin' prosthetics on his face.

Well, the bird would be original. The only bird I can think of right now is a Firekkan.

Anything which isn't humanoid would also be impractical. Without an actor, you'd have to go with a puppet (yuck, except maybe Yoda, but he's still humanoid) or animation, which is expensive. IIRC, there were over a dozen puppeteers for the original Jabba!

Originally posted by Wildshot
Originally posted by Supdon3
He meant Warlord. Which came from the Prophecy Guide

Which Prophecy guide would this be. I'm just asking because I know very little about Prophecy since I bought it several years after it was released.

The official Origin WC:prophecy strategy guide.

Back