..more REALLY old stuff..

Woah, is this the mythical disco ball of death???

Attachments

• alien_turret1.BMP
    178.3 KB · Views: 223
prophecy5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because, I threw something together from one of the PSD files on the disk, so here's a (EDIT: Vampire) wallpaper pack in as many standard resolutions that I could think of. Only the widescreen versions are slightly squashed so that I wouldn't have to cut off any of the ships. I also included a full resolution uncropped jpg of the image too for the curious. http://download.wcnews.com/files/wcp/WCP-Wallpaper.zip

I'm sure someone with actual photoshop might be able to do a better job. And there's also a version on the disk without the motion blur added to the starfield background.

Hah.. its funny.. but they filmed parts of "Piranha" at Aquarena Spring, in San Marcos.. and I worked there when I was in High-School.. I used tell people about it when I drove the glass-bottom boats there.. ahh.. goood times.. good but less than minimum wage times..

I wonder if that is why I always had a soft spot for the Piranha in WCP..???

-Capn J

Conversely, this explains the dreadful horror movie you directed.

You mean the one with the blood-sucking immortal fish? That was all the scripts fault. I just put what was on the page to the screen.

You can blame me for that other one with the baseball bat carrying vigilante who takes out his aggression on a deck of cards.

I might have a tinker around in GIMP... but how do you think it compares with the prompotional Vampire image. Just no warping effect in the background, I suppose.

It's the same image but without the motion blur applied to the background(2850x2775). The non warping one is on the disk too, So I can make wallpapers of that if people want it. I've attached the full res Jpeg version.

There's a crazy 7500x3000 of that midway image too: http://outlander.solsector.net/vid_files/7500x3000.jpg Wallpapers of that would sadly cut off a lot of the image.

Plus a 5250x2700 of the Nephilim ship and fighters in the link you posted. But I don't know if the lines and text in that particular one are in a removable layer or not.

Attachments

• No_Blur.jpg
    No_Blur.jpg
    642.4 KB · Views: 310
Last edited by a moderator:
Plus a 5250x2700 of the Nephilim ship and fighters in the link you posted. But I don't know if the lines and text in that particular one are in a removable layer or not.
Yes they are. :)

Finally had time to look through the files today.

If those file sizes seem big, remember that the original Photoshop files are much bigger. :) Any decent editor which can apply interpolation with scaling can be used to resize the images down to a suitable resolution for a given monitor.

Edit: It also seems to me that the images from the "Manual" folder matches those of the ICIS Manual. Time to update my kludy substitutes. :)

Do you guys realize what is on this cd? What looks to be most of the original 3d models for WC2! I was even able to look at, in full 3d glory, the WC2 briefing room, bridge, hangar,
95 % of which have textures!!! And of course plenty of ships

Back