Missile Gripes Pt.1

True enough. Though did anyone else find the side turrets near useless for manual use?

Near but not completely useless. I used the side turrets gunship style for killing transports. Nice, leisurely flyby, and on manual those turret guns really put out the hurt.

Once you got late into the game and had too much money on your hands, two launchers and 20 IFF's was an easy (expensive!!) way to clear out that pesky red dot problem. Though I agree with Lorien, torps were the way to go in the beginning.

Once you got late into the game and had too much money on your hands, two launchers and 20 IFF's was an easy (expensive!!) way to clear out that pesky red dot problem. Though I agree with Lorien, torps were the way to go in the beginning.

I still think they lost their value when you got to the large ships in the game.

How come nobody had been here about locking time, the odds between the imrec and Heatseeker add up, since from my feeling it takes a longer time to lock on with an Imrec. But because you need to circle around for the angle nobody notices.

And AFAIK the Heatseeker does more damage because of a large warhead? And for that reason the IFF does even less(most complicated), while the dumbfire does most?

And how much damage does the mine from the Raptor really do?

I still think they lost their value when you got to the large ships in the game.

I'm torn about the endgame, really. After that much practice, I'm usually a crack shot with the Torpedoes and they're still quite useful. However, they lack the "make the enemy dodge and leave you alone for a while" factor that seeking missiles had. That breather you get from missiles can really help during bigger dogfights, but so can two well-placed torpedoes to an undamaged target.

How come nobody had been here about locking time, the odds between the imrec and Heatseeker add up, since from my feeling it takes a longer time to lock on with an Imrec. But because you need to circle around for the angle nobody notices.

And AFAIK the Heatseeker does more damage because of a large warhead? And for that reason the IFF does even less(most complicated), while the dumbfire does most?

And how much damage does the mine from the Raptor really do?

Imrec takes longer lock time, this is true. But how hard is it to keep, and maintain a Heatseeker lock when you have to be on an enemies tail.

Back