Legacy of Hobbes

Wedge009: Ghorah Khar.

DH, that's the trouble. I mean, it doesn't make sense for Thrak to do that. Remember the way he acted in Fleet Action? He didn't even try to split his fleet into a two or three-pronged attack. He just charged right in, and didn't even consider the possibility of defeat. I don't see why he would think he might need an insider in the final stages of the war, because he would assume that the Kilrathi would be winning the final stages of the war. So, if Hobbes wasn't meant to help out against the Terrans, his target must have been GK. My guess is that Hobbes was supposed to only go in for a few days - find out if the Rebels on GK had connections with any other Kilrathi planets, and then report that to Thrak, so that any other potential rebellions could be put down.

Also, note that if the Kilrathi had wanted insiders within Confed, they had lots and lots of slaves who could be controlled much more precisely than Hobbes. One of the things I liked about Forstchen's WC3 book was that he made Cobra a suspect - this seems to make sense. Slaves are much more readily available to the Kilrathi, and they don't seem as suspicious as defecting Kilrathi do.

No one would need to go as far undercover as Hobbes for a mission that lasts a couple of days.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Yes he would, because the Rebels would be extremely suspicious of anyone at first. What better way to ensure that they have nothing to suspect?

How so? I don't think Thrak had any idea of the connection between the Rebels and the Confederation (otherwise, he would have acted much quicker). So, he would have thought that the Rebels still disliked the humans (note that there were human slaves on Ghorah Khar. The Rebels treated them better than the Imperials, but they still didn't trust them). All in all, Ralgha was high enough to find out everything Thrak needed to know.

Of course, what we're all forgetting is that Ralgha may not have been Thrak's idea. Hobbes' defection came only a few months (weeks? Days? Can't remember) after the... demise... of Prince Gilkarg.

Back