Kronos's Ship...

Actually, people do talk about the Confederation- but you have to do a bit of digging around in the booth..in the part with the ship registries, the planet info, and such. IIRC, there's also a couple brief mentions of the Kilrathi.
smile.gif

------------------
"Building ships, harvesting and transporting Flowers, cooking up the Protoculture, and assembling weapons systems just hadn't been enough for them. Not when word had gotten around that the Terrans' homeworld had fallen to the Invid. Jack liked it-the loyalty and Espirit de Corps, the Sentinels' way with payback." -- Robotech: The Sentinels #5, 'Rubicon'

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, there's neither Confed nor Kilrathi references.

Oh no. Now Earthworm's gonna crawl out from under his rock
smile.gif

I believe the confederation mentioned in the booth is supposed to be lower cased (as I have written it), probably just referring to an alliance of the worlds of the Tri-System.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited June 07, 2000).]

I finished it with a Danrik, Kraven lasers, Pythons, Best coolant, best shield, best repair droid, yadda, yadda. And I always kept a nuke for emergencies. I liked the Kravens more than the MICs just because of the cool effect and all that. If you have good aim, both make the enemy go bang in no time.

But for me it's just that Priv 1 had an atmosphere more to my liking.

On the personal opinion side, I'd wish they had put more useful places in the map. All those empty out of way planets. For me the plot should've include at least one visit to each and every system and insystem location on the map, plus way more secret locations (including Killie ones, etc) , and waaaaaay more gadgets, ships and the like.

Perhaps if we get the source code? hmmmmm?
cool.gif

Oh, you also must remember that side quest from Priv 2 where you had to go to an auction and buy a religious artifact and return it to Bex or sell it (or something like that). I recall that you needed quite a sum of credits for that one.

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited June 07, 2000).]

Such a plot would be a trifle complicated, Klaus
smile.gif
. But if we do get the code, one of the very first things I'd like to look into would be the possibility of adding a Kilrathi starbase or two
smile.gif
. But of course, that might be a bit difficult, since the Kilrathi don't usually let Humans land (which means that the Mandarins would have to be added...).

Oh yes, and it would be neat to make a certain asteroid-base rumour come true
wink.gif

I need to get Privateer out and play it again. I was just getting the hang of it when I decided to quit. Just as soon as Stinger helps to get it working again, that is.
wink.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Well... in Privateer 1, things were more balanced out (even if it's back in the 60's
biggrin.gif
), than in Privateer 2.
Don't get me wrong though... I expected better out of the Plasma Cannon in Priv 1 (but at least there was no coolant >:p).
Anyways, it would be better if Privateer 2 had more of a storyline to it.

------------------
Assistant Game Master - Chief of Public Relations
BlackLance HQ
"Every truth has three sides."

Back