Kronos's Ship...

Dralthi5

Spaceman
Okay, been playing Privateer 2 all night, and I got stuck when going up against Kronos's ship. What do I do at this point?
confused.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kill all the fighters, keep the good guys alive. The rest happens on it's own.

If that doesnt do anything, as soon as you kill the rest of the fighters get close in to Kronos's ship.

Well, okay, I did kill all of the Kindred fighter cover, then I got close to Kronos's ship, but got an e-mail from him saying: "You've failed. Now you'll die," or something to that effect.

Is Shiela Nabakov (I know I probably spelled that wrong) in the vicinity of Kronos's ship? If she is, I might've killed her when I dropped the nuke 'em bomb to take out the Kindred fighters. Maybe that's my problem?

------------------

Aye, it probably is. If Sheila dies, then of course you fail. So don't use nukes - resort to more conventional weapons. The nukes suck anyway.

You'll have to rely on three things:
1. Your skill
2. Your wits
3. Your deities

biggrin.gif

The money spent on the nukes is better used on toys like many many python missiles, and of course Kraven lasers and heatsinks all around. If youve got enough to fill your ship and still get more, hire wingmen (can you?). Nukes are a definite no-no in any situation where someone says "SAVE ME".

Besides, it isnt all that hard, is it?
and since Ive never been on the losing track what happens after the email?

------------------
You deal death with your roars and your screams, your threats, your taunts, your overblown ego. I hand it out, one with the steel and the silence, the blackness around me, with a thought.

After the e-mail? Nothing. You get back to privateering. And the only thing you miss out on is a lame ending where Kronos turns out to be your evil twin brother
smile.gif

Kravens? Why? Get yourself a pair (or two pairs... or all you can fit
wink.gif
) of Mass Ion Cannons instead. Far better - no need for gun coolers, so you can get yourself all sorts of fancy equipment instead.
Hire a wingmate - they suck, but if he shoots down even a single enemy fighter, it's worth it.
Better still though, hire as big a transport as you can find. Those turrets account for more kills than your wingman has ever inflicted
smile.gif

Well, I'm just playing for the plot my first time through, so I'm saving my money so I can pay off those greedy bastards, Hal Taffin and that weird-ass Dimitri guy.

Quarto, what ending is that? Is that where Rhinehart (David Warner-- cool) tells Lev and David Hassan (Christopher Walken-- even cooler) that the Kindred sprang from that Ricuard Interplanetary and Kronos is Lev's crazy brother and he's prepared an ambush for Shiela Nabakov, or is it something else after that?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited June 04, 2000).]

Quarto -

Guns: M.I.Cs truly do kick in the early stages of the game. If I remember correctly, they even have a decent range advantage over the other guns. However, when one earns enough off of killing pirates alone to pay for the highest level of coolant (as long as you dont fly in circles shooting and hoping you hit something) you should seriously consider investment in Kravens.
Wingmen: I was referring to any ship that could fly as your wing. I prefer the freighters myself. I just wasnt sure if you had the option of hiring them on the last mission or if you automatically headed spaceward.

------------------
You deal death with your roars and your screams, your threats, your taunts, your overblown ego. I hand it out, one with the steel and the silence, the blackness around me, with a thought.

(Exerpt from inside WC space)
"Oh my god! It's a Freighter caring medical supplies! Run! They'll shoot us down!"

... Is it just me, or did they really over-vamp the Freighters. Ah yes, I know, they have all those turrets to protect from raiders and pirates, but even so.
*shrugs*

AS for getting Mass Ion Cannons, don't.
On the last mission, it won't count, because you (should) have credits out of your eyeballs to spend on the best coolant in town. Investing on both the best coolant and Kravens, is your best bet.
The MIC's go alright in the 'general' long run, but that doesn't level out at the very last mission, eh?

Hey, I used those Mass Ion Cannons to win that last mission, and it only took me two tries
smile.gif
. And I'm a below-average player, as I always point out. MICs are very, very useful, exceedingly efficient devices. You don't need to worry about your energy - just point and shoot. And this way, you don't need to buy yourself some huge heavy fighter just so you have space for shield & burner upgrades & misc., and coolers.

Dralthi5: No, there's another cutscene during that Sheila mission. Provided you win, of course.

I stand corrected, oh below-average player master...

------------------
Assistant Game Master
Chief of Public Relations
BlackLance HQ

"..there are always three sides to any given truth..."

The first time I've finished the game, it was in a Shaman with Flux beams... I just didn't know that THAT was the end!

Oh well...

Is it just me, or was everyone pretty much grossly disappointed with Privateer 2? I don't even consider it a sequel. It's so different from the first one, it's almost a game by itself. The Confederation doesn't even exist...what the hell is up with that? And what's all this Lev crap? Don't get me wrong, it's a good game but a crappy sequel to Privateer 1.

It’s not supposed to be a sequel to Priv, in any other way than it being a trade sim. And P2, IMO, was much better than Priv (though I’ll better shut up cause Quarto will start bitching again
smile.gif
).

However, the Confederation does exist.
smile.gif

Privateer 2 is a sequel to Privateer in the way that Halloween 3 is a sequel to Halloween 2, if that allusion means anything to you.

------------------

Shaman with flux beams? Not bad. I loaded up beforehand because I thought there was going to be a major challenge. The only difference is that the Kindred attack waves come lined up in nice neat lines. Wonderful with a Kraven (sort of like chewing through the powered-down Dralthi inside a WC3 carrier).

------------------

Has anybody else noticed that the Kindred ships are the easiest to defeat in the whole game? Kinda weird, since they're supposed to be so tough.
Every time I spotted a Kindred ship, I grinned viciously - not only is it perfectly harmless, it also gives me 100cr instead of the usual 50
biggrin.gif

Well, if the Confederation does exist...I guess that the "Tri-Systems" are SO far away from the front that NO ONE in the entire game talks about the Confederation. It's not a sequel.

No, it's not, but it is the second in the Privateer series. And it is part of the Wing Commander Universe, if you're trying to dispute that.

------------------

Back