Kilrathi suicidal tendencies

It's alright if you dont mind that the enemy knows youre coming. A missile, no matter how smart, relies on electronic "eyes" to tell where the enemy ship is. A manned craft, on the other hand, can use nothing but visual and still miss only if the pilot chickens out at the last minute. The advantage is that THEY DONT KNOW YOURE COMING AND THEREFORE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

------------------
You deal death with your roars and your screams, your threats, your taunts, your overblown ego. I hand it out, one with the steel and the silence, the blackness around me, with a thought.

And if a cloacked ship approachs the target, get a missile lock ( a cloacked missile), uncloack just to launch it, then cloack again, just before the enemy can realize whats going on, and fly the missile by remote control?

------------------
Only a complete fool is absolutely sure about what he says
Are you absolutely sure about this?
Yes, i am...i mean...do'h

This is still going? Take a look at the WC2 intro. Does it really look as though the Kilrathi need suicide fighters?
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Quarto said:
This is still going? Take a look at the WC2 intro. Does it really look as though the Kilrathi need suicide fighters?
smile.gif

Im not talking about suicidal fighters, im talking about a cloacked missile remotelly controled, like you said that it receiving signals wouldnt be a problem, but if it would work only on short range, it would use a cloacked fighter to control it, and it would make it difficult to destroy both the fighter and the missile...
smile.gif

------------------

You are no longer making any sence.
confused.gif

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

Meson, i initialy talked about a kilrathi suicidal fighter, then people started talking that they wouldnt do that since they where winning the war, so im sayng about new ideas...like i said, a remottely controled cloacked missile that wouldnt need to skip in and out cloack...

------------------

Ah, but that's where you're wrong. You see, unless the missile was to keep sending its exact coordinates back (which sort of defeats the point of cloaking), it would still have to skip in and out of cloak.
If, on the other hand, you simply use torpedoes and stealth fighters, you can get a missile lock, decloak, fire, and re-cloak. And you can get so close, that you won't need to do any remote controlling.

The disadvantage of a remote-controlled missile is the signals can be intercepted or detected, in which they could easily be jammed.

Strakha 1s were a good way to go except the shipyards were destroyed so the Tiger's Claw incident was rarely repeated. Until the mk.2, Strakhas were reserved for the most important missions.

Skipppers worked fairly well in themselves. I don't recall reading of one missing its target without being shot down.

The whole idea that they needed a new weapon is questionable at best, they were very close to winning the war even without these super weapons.

Back