Kilrathi Saga

Originally posted by LeHah
Mayhaps I'm out of the loop, but I don't think WinME is able to start-up/reboot into a DOS mode. F8 certainly doesnt work anymore.

Win ME AIN'T able to do this; not without some serious tweaking/patching/futzing around first (&^$%#*!@'ing Microsoft Winblows!...Grrrr.....:mad: )

Originally posted by Preacher

Win ME AIN'T able to do this; not without some serious tweaking/patching/futzing around first (&^$%#*!@'ing Microsoft Winblows!...Grrrr.....:mad: )

::clears throat::USE A FREAKING BOOT DISK!!!!

Hey, gryphon's back! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :D

Now quick, kill the thread before the stupidity spreads! (No offence, Grif)

I never left. I jyst don't post anymore... except every once in a while. I figured there's got to be more to life than waiting around for six hours a day for someone to post something so I can answer it... and then get the boonies for it. Good place to learn, in general not a good one to make friends.

Actually, bushes.... But I used it as a metaphore for things not suitable to say... Suffice to say what toilets are for.

Im sorry that you had to deal with that gryph, all I can say is that I wish you wouldnt have taken it so hard or personal. I know if I got bent up whenever someone was being a jackass then Id be a pretzel by now. But those instances ARE rarer than the opposite.

The main thing in life is to pick Your fights. I really didn't want to fight over someone ruining my enjoyment of this board so I just announced my withdrawal and so it went. Frankly I don't feel bad, nor did I ever. It was a conscious choice I do not regret. So please don't turn this into the Feel Sorry For Gryph thread, I'm doing just fine... Sometimes You don't need to bend over, all You need to do is get out of the way. No offence to the moderators, but Ididn't think this board was worth the headache if there were bad elements of it. I reiterate though, that I'm perfectly OK and no emotional scars are present *lol*

Originally posted by Zor Prime

::clears throat::USE A FREAKING BOOT DISK!!!!

::prays quietly for peace before answering this inane reply::

1) I don't need a "FREAKING BOOT DISK", because I don't run Win ME; in part specifically for THAT reason (and its myriad other bugs)! I was only trying to answer the guy's question, dig?...

2) Even if I DID run ME, the point would still be valid: MS takes the concept "new & improved" to a whole new level (specifically, to one of the lower rings of hell), munging it up and making it totally biteous.

...A righteous OS, on the other hand, would simply be able to "shell out" to DOS without a "FREAKING BOOT DISK" being necessary. Am I making myself clear here?...Sheesh!...:rolleyes:

"MS--The epitome of the age -old struggle between the righteous and the biteous" :D

A lot of people with Win 95 or 98 needed a boot disk too, to free up the necessary memory by loading just the bare essentials.

So will you just use the damn bootdisk already?

Originally posted by Preacher
Even if I DID run ME, the point would still be valid: MS takes the concept "new & improved" to a whole new level (specifically, to one of the lower rings of hell), munging it up and making it totally biteous.
LUNIX 4-EVAR

Originally posted by KrisV
A lot of people with Win 95 or 98 needed a boot disk too, to free up the necessary memory by loading just the bare essentials.

So will you just use the damn bootdisk already?

...already told ya: I don't NEED it--Muhahahaha!!!....

still waiting for a 386EnvironmentEmulator, and I don't give a hoot in which OS it's running as long as it's no MAC systemX

oh how nice it would be to simply play all those old games again without having to rely on a dusty ole' 386 with spare parts getting more and more scarce

Originally posted by Zor Prime

just wait till XP my friend........just wait.

Don't need to--the bug reports are already pouring in! And, I can't see me toeing the line about their insane "registration" policy for it, not to mention having to re-register my copy if I change my system "too much". I'm gonna be just fine w/ Win 98, thank you

What--you thought the MS juggernaut had changed it's stripes?... Or, were ya just bein' sarcastic?...

:D

Back