Kilrathi Saga

Hobbs

Spaceman
Does anyone have a copy of Wing Commander: Kilrathi Saga they are selling? I can't find it anywhere, and when I do see it on eBay, it's $130!!! I'm thinking more like $60 or less. Preferably less. I'll even throw in some extra things like old software, a floppy drive, etc. if you want... Please somebody!

Uhm... for $60.00 you'd be lucky if you got only the CD's... no 128 page cool booklet, no Kilrathi Calendar, nothing more...

But then again this is eBay I'm talking about...
Someone here (sorry, forgot your name ;) ) tried placing an ad in the newspaper, 2 days later he got a call and IIRC bought the game from a guy for around $15.00...

So give a shot... :)

yea the newpaper thing works but anybody who knows anything about the actuall value of KS knows that you are lucky if you can get it for 150USD. the reason why is that it is a collectable item and that in addition to it's reletive scarcity creates the high price, that and the fact that alot of us are willing to pay 150-250 for it.

Originally posted by mpanty
Someone here (sorry, forgot your name ;) ) tried placing an ad in the newspaper, 2 days later he got a call and IIRC bought the game from a guy for around $15.00...
Was that RFBurns?

Okay... all I really care about is the CD's, but what is this "Kilrathi Calendar" you speak of?

It's just your average calendar, WC themed of course. It's for 1997, and for some year in the 27th century I can't remember right now.

I just buyed a WC Armada CD-Version at 10 $ in some old computer store, isn´t compatible with Windows 9x or ME,right ???

Armada is about as compatable with Win9x and WinME like a stone being dropped into a lake. Plunk! :D

Actually, the calendar works perfectly with 2003 as well... If You check all the dates. I have a program for that and 1997 and 2003 are identical... So I'm just waiting to put it on...

If that actually does work, I think we should bother Kris and LOAF into putting up a dedicated Armada server. :)

He says you can run Armada by restarting Windows into DOS mode. This is nothing new, Armada has always worked for me this way. You only need a bootdisk is you don't have enough free conventional memory.

In any case, Armada supports IPX, not TCP/IP. So you can't play it over the internet.

But if you can run Armada from within Windows, which I think I remember doing once, you could give those IPX emulators a try. But they're pretty weak, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Mayhaps I'm out of the loop, but I don't think WinME is able to start-up/reboot into a DOS mode. F8 certainly doesnt work anymore.

He said Win 9x. ME is 9x. Maybe it doesn't work that way with ME, but it certainly does with the other 9x's (95, 98). And there's a third party 'patch' that puts the F8 back in.

I didnt know of the F8 patch. I'll have to snoop around for it. :)

Back