Just another question about WC music

Well, admittedly the lock theme was just a bit off, but you should have probably kept it in
smile.gif

Damn, but the WC2 Victory track is way too short
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, a bit of looping would be nice. It's one of my favouritest WC2 themes (the O-deck ones are also neat), so two minutes aren't anywhere near enough.

O.k, I looped it a bit, and it came out quite nice, if I may say so myself, but I`ll let you be a judge of that. I`ll upload it either tonight or tomorrow.

Of course, it's still a bit short...
tongue.gif
nah. It's just perfect, because if you made it longer, it would be too repetitive.

Did you notice that I didn`t loop it right from the begining, but rather a bit later when the drums start to play? To tell the truth, I was really impressed with the results.

Well, I did notice that it was shorter than it would have been if you just looped the whole thing, but I didn't notice which part you cut out. Yes, that does sound quite impressive. The loop is perfectly seamless, which it wouldn't have been if you didn't cut out the non-drummed part.

BTW, why does the Kbps rate keep changing in WC2-Victory? It looks kinda odd
smile.gif

Ah! a worthy question.
smile.gif

This can be attributed to a little technique called "Vibrating bit rate". When encoding mp3s you can have the program decide how much bit-rate is needed to get the desired quality of the song, according to the range of frequency at any given second. That way you can reduce the size of the mp3 sometimes by 1/2 a meg (depending, of course, on the initial length of the song) without reducing the quality of the song.

The WC Screensaver is here.

CIC Staff: You might want to put a link to the screensaver in the Files section. Otherwise, people have to search through the news archives to find the link
smile.gif

Back