I've Created a WC4 HD Video Pack

Einfach phänomenal!! Ein riesiges Kompliment! 😃👍Vor allem, dass du auch die deutsche Tonspur extrahiert hast. Endlich wird ein Traum wahr. Inzwischen habe ich aber überlegt, die betreffenden Szenen nicht als Spielfilm zu bearbeiten, sondern eine Mini-TV-Serie daraus zu machen
Thank you so much for the praise, @Scribbler :)

By all means, please use the videos in your own projects with my blessing - but be sure to keep your editing files (whatever software you use). The full game remake will come with much higher quality videos, so you might want to swap out the footage when that happens. Because we can use more advanced codecs in the remake (h.265, to be precise - which simply will not play back in the original game), I can get much more image quality into the same file size. The AI software and models I use have also improved a great deal since the last HD pack, so the final release should look considerably better :)

Vielen Dank für das Lob, @Scribbler:)

Bitte verwenden Sie die Videos auf jeden Fall mit meinem Segen in Ihren eigenen Projekten - aber bewahren Sie Ihre Bearbeitungsdateien auf (egal welche Software Sie verwenden). Das vollständige Remake des Spiels wird mit Videos in viel höherer Qualität geliefert, daher möchten Sie vielleicht das Filmmaterial austauschen, wenn dies geschieht. Da wir im Remake fortschrittlichere Codecs verwenden können (h.265, um genau zu sein – was im Originalspiel einfach nicht wiedergegeben wird), kann ich viel mehr Bildqualität bei gleicher Dateigröße erreichen. Die KI-Software und -Modelle, die ich verwende, haben sich seit dem letzten HD-Paket ebenfalls stark verbessert, sodass die endgültige Version erheblich besser aussehen sollte:)
Danke ich werde. Und ich bin ratlos, dass man die Qualität nochmal steigern kann. Finde das aktuelle Level schon Mega 😲😃🤩

Seit gestern die WC4-Pakete nach einem spontanen Projekt durchwühlt. Und ich bin ratlos... Gibt es eine alternative unzensierte Szene mit Paulsens Tod? 😵Wie bist du an die Version gekommen und wie kam es dazu, dass es eine unzensierte Version gibt? Und Melek hat Nasenpiercings?😁 Ich sehe es wirklich zum ersten Mal dank der großartigen Bildqualität😅

Seit gestern die WC4-Pakete nach einem spontanen Projekt durchwühlt. Und ich bin ratlos... Gibt es eine alternative unzensierte Szene mit Paulsens Tod? 😵Wie bist du an die Version gekommen und wie kam es dazu, dass es eine unzensierte Version gibt? Und Melek hat Nasenpiercings?😁 Ich sehe es wirklich zum ersten Mal dank der großartigen Bildqualität😅
Yes indeed! Paulsen's death scene was made less graphic for the European releases. That version with all the Heinz ketchup plays by default in the American release. I seem to recall that both videos were included on the US and European releases, but the game simply played the region-specific version in-game. I'm fuzzy on the details, but our resident über historian @Bandit LOAF probably knows :)

Yes indeed! Paulsen's death scene was made less graphic for the European releases. That version with all the Heinz ketchup plays by default in the American release. I seem to recall that both videos were included on the US and European releases, but the game simply played the region-specific version in-game. I'm fuzzy on the details, but our resident über historian @Bandit LOAF probably knows :)
This is basically correct. The DVD version includes both files but defaults to the 'censored' version regardless of which region you are in. If you want the uncensored version to play in-game you can just go to the video files themselves and swap the file names on the two options.

Very nice and interesit quality but sometimes something is wrong with the eyes of the People :D

The Demo 0.3 from the ReMaster of Price of Freedom im so sad of i can't play with my Joysticks

best regards from Germany

Edit:
K-Lite Codec Pack isn't so bad, but sometime i can hear sound but have a black screen

Dennis

Very nice and interesit quality but sometimes something is wrong with the eyes of the People :D

The Demo 0.3 from the ReMaster of Price of Freedom im so sad of i can't play with my Joysticks

Edit:
K-Lite Codec Pack isn't so bad, but sometime i can hear sound but have a black screen

Dennis

Have you tried this patch? It includes a number of Joystick fixes. Just extract it into your install directory.
Also for Joystick control be sure to select Joystick from the control options. You may have to rebind if you have multiple things registering as a joystick.

Last edited:
@Pedro
i tried it out in the last moments, it's nice
but we can't set Button for starting a rocket, only Enter on Keyboard isn't so nice to play :)

best regards

Dennis

missile.jpg

That's odd, I'm able to set it here and it updates.

Did you not hit save after binding the key?

Edit:

Dennis
i think i know what the problem is, the gog-version, make a "zoom" so that the cinemascope get out
when we use this 1080p Videos with this "Zoom" i don't know if it gives a way to disable that, that it's looking not so nice

anyone an idea to correct that in the gog-version ?

best regards
Dennis

I stumbled across this not knowing the prior game FMV sequences had also been remastered and are available for download. Suffice to say, very impressive and a blast to watch to bring back all the memories of playing the games for the first time.

Many thanks!

Edit:
I have the same problem. Some videos have a black screen but the sounds play normal.
When I reload the game to replay the video it playes with picture and audio. So the videofiles seem perfectly fine but I can't think of a reason for this. Its no big deal to just save often and reload the game to watch the video in all its glory but sometimes big storyparts happen right after the mission(Paulsons death scene) and when the screen is black on this one, you have to replay the video to rewatch it properly.

I have a problem in WC Prophecy and it's probably the opposite of the stuff you have:
I see the videos but I don't have sound!

I installed WC Prophecy - used the mod packs etc. etc. and created a "movie" folder, moved all the vids to it and started it.
Result: Black screen and no sound.

Then I installed the K-Lite codec...
Result: I see the vids ingame but still no sound...

I really don't understand why.. Did anyone have the same problem?

Btw. I use WC Prophecy german HD vids. Does it use a different audio codec or something?

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I'm having a lot of difficulty with the DVD pack OR the HD-pack videos for Prophecy. I've installed the GOG version, used the MUP/OpenGL patch, at which point in time the game works fine with the lower quality movies. As soon as I try and use either the DVD pack or the HD-pack though, there's no video and the game crashes to the desktop.

I've installed AC3filter, K-Lite codecs. Not sure what else I should be doing. Any suggestions?

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I'm having a lot of difficulty with the DVD pack OR the HD-pack videos for Prophecy. I've installed the GOG version, used the MUP/OpenGL patch, at which point in time the game works fine with the lower quality movies. As soon as I try and use either the DVD pack or the HD-pack though, there's no video and the game crashes to the desktop.

I've installed AC3filter, K-Lite codecs. Not sure what else I should be doing. Any suggestions?
Hi, @Asherek - you are definitely asking in the right place :^)

However, I'm sorry to say it's now been a couple of years since I touched the HD video packs (been busy with life in general and helping where I can with the WCIV HD Remake Project), so I'm a little rusty on how it all ties together. However, since you're also having issues with the DVD pack, it sounds like you're running into one of the issues I recall where it can matter in what order you install the MUP, OpenGL patch, video patch etc. If memory serves, it can all be a bit temperamental and may require some supporting DLL files or other such tinkerings.

@ChrisReid, @DefianceIndustries, @Pedro, @Bandit LOAF - can any of you guys shed any light?

You possibly need the updated opengl DLL. Try copying this one to your prophecy install directory and see what happens https://www.wcnews.com/chatzone/attachments/gl_00007-zip.12178/

You possibly need the updated opengl DLL. Try copying this one to your prophecy install directory and see what happens https://www.wcnews.com/chatzone/attachments/gl_00007-zip.12178/

Sadly that didn't work. :(

I'm still getting the same problem, which is - the game launches fine as long as it's a location - i.e. the bar, or locker room. As soon I click on something that requires a movie to launch, I get a black screen and then the game crashes to the desktop without any error messages.

I take that back. When I use the HD-pack (not the DVD files), the movies start to play, but with no sound and only in the upper left corner of the screen. That's a bit of progress, but I'm not sure what else I should be doing at this point.

Is this a resolution setting issue? As for the sound, I have AC3Filter installed as well K-Lite, anything else I should have?

Back