I've Created a WC4 HD Video Pack

marco999

Petty Officer
Thank you @ODVS,

I have followed your suggest and I get a better result:

however still too much aliasing.

Do you have a tip to reduce again the aliasing ?

Attachments

• aliasing.png
    aliasing.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • settings.png
    settings.png
    222 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

ODVS

Ensign
Thank you @ODVS,

I have followed your suggest and I get a better result:

however still too much aliasing.

Do you have a tip to reduce again the aliasing ?

Hi @marco999,

I think that's about as good as it's going to get. Certainly your settings look about right. Ultimately, there's just a ceiling on how much you can expect from the AI until the next set of models come along - and from that particular source artwork, you're probably just about pushing it to its limits for the moment.

Cheetah772

Spaceman
As you know, GOG DVD version doesn't have subtitles. I wonder if with HD Video Pack, is there a way to get subtitles turned back on? If not, then I sincerely hope there is a fan remake that will correct this issue someday. I can't play WC4 DVD version, and I have DOS version from GOG, but it doesn't play past mission 5 for whatever reasons.

ODVS

Ensign
As you know, GOG DVD version doesn't have subtitles. I wonder if with HD Video Pack, is there a way to get subtitles turned back on? If not, then I sincerely hope there is a fan remake that will correct this issue someday. I can't play WC4 DVD version, and I have DOS version from GOG, but it doesn't play past mission 5 for whatever reasons.

I'm glad to be able to let you know that WCIV: Remastered will have subtitles throughout :^)

I'm afraid the HD pack doesn't re-enable subtitles in the base game - they're encoded within game files, rather than the videos themselves. However, if the issue is one of language, the HD packs are available in French and German, if that helps?

Cheetah772

Spaceman
I'm glad to be able to let you know that WCIV: Remastered will have subtitles throughout :^)

I'm afraid the HD pack doesn't re-enable subtitles in the base game - they're encoded within game files, rather than the videos themselves. However, if the issue is one of language, the HD packs are available in French and German, if that helps?

Unfortunately, my primary language is English. I guess I'll have to wait until the remake is released. I suspect it'll be released next year if ever. That's a long time wait. Oh well.