Is it supposed to be this hard?

Michael_A

Spaceman
Wing Commander IV is it supposed to be this difficult? I've played every Wing Commander except IV including Prophecy, and I have never had this much trouble beating an opponent. I've just finished Freespace2 and didn't have this much trouble. I have got the diffculty level set at "Veteran" and I'm at the recon TYR mission and I can't seem to complete it . Please do not tell me I'm getting old and losing it I do not want to give up simulated space combat yet. So if anyone has any tricks or advice to offer I'm listening.

And do not say it is because I'm a sucky pilot! I'll have you know I won the vaunted "Order of Vasuda" medal. But that is a different Universe.

What is your problem exactly? Are you getting killed before you can complete the mision, or you don't understand how to finish the objectives?

Originally posted by Michael_A
And do not say it is because I'm a sucky pilot! I'll have you know I won the vaunted "Order of Vasuda" medal. But that is a different Universe.

Eh, medals mean crap, kid. You wanna impress me, cut through a Cat Dreadnaught at full burn coming in from an obtuse angle relative to it's hanger bay. :)

Not as easy as it sounds.

WCIV I've beaten that game.

I actually thought that WCIV was the easiest to beat, especially on the hardest setting. What I've found is the best way to fight is to try to have your ship equipped with as many leech weapons as possible. If you're referring to the camera mission where you have to take 10 pics at each nav point, do what I do, just try to evade the fighters guarding and click your camera 10x. Then go to the next nav point ASAP.

Yes, WCIV is the Hardest WC game,only the first missions are difficult, later is more easy.

Back