Iraq or N. Korea? Or neither?

Who should America strike first, Iraq, N. Korea, or niether?

• Iraq

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • North Korea

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Who cares? They'll just end up bombing Canadians again anyway.

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Aries
murder, as defined by Webster's New World Dictionary of the American Language is:
the unlawful and malicious or premeditated killing of one human being by another; also, any killin done while committing some other felony, as rape or robbery.
now, during war, soldiers killing enemy combatants is LAWFUL, hence, soldiers killing soldiers isn't murder. by the above definition, collateral damage isn't murder either. so, before you go about calling soldiers murderers again, i just want to remind you that hundreds of thousands of those 'murderers' died to give you the right to call them murderers, so why don't you have a little more respect when you talk about the military.

GO ARIES!!! i cant believe you are still on the topic of the ralationship between soldiers and murderers Napoleon, because truth be told there is none! i cant remeber a single post that agrees with you on this, so just drop it man, you lost... There is an endless amount of evedence that proves that wrong. Oh, and Aries is right... Those "murderers" are spilling their blood and guts in other countries so than you can say that, so IMHO, you 'aught to stop while your ahead....

Just means that aiming takes less effort when theres more targets.

ya'll take a look at this article.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030121/wl_nm/iraq_shields_dc_2

comments?

i personally feel that anyone that stupid has given up their right to be on planet earth

Other countrie may think so, but US Military Intel. is not worthless. what is to stop them form attacking a different place than were the "Human shields" **coughs: Ignorant SOBs** will be. and if they do attack were these "Human shields" are, then we can just call it collateral damage... i mean Bush probably could go and say " they are traitors" or something... and would get away with it. Besides... doing this... i think it is stupid... i mean why go do this for someone who will, if this war goes on regardless, will kidnap you and give you an acid bath. or another one of their tortures???

well, regardless of the diplomatic fuss this will cause, i just thought of another reason why we should go to war.......this will help get rid of some of the stupid people in the world :D

well, regardless of the diplomatic fuss this will cause, i just thought of another reason why we should go to war.......this will help get rid of some of the stupid people in the world :D

On normal circumstances i would agree (my quote on the Topic: "Ignorant people, cant live with them, cant kill them). but we are likely to be called Xenocide supporters... which dosent look good on your resume :D

ya'll take a look at this article.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030121/wl_nm/iraq_shields_dc_2

comments?

i personally feel that anyone that stupid has given up their right to be on planet earth

You wanna know what I think? You really wanna know what I think? Mandarins is what I think. If they're willing to betray their countries to die for Allah, or die for Iraq, or die for whatever cause, and they're fucking stupid enough to use themselves as human shields, against their own countries, then they deserve everything they get.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
You wanna know what I think? You really wanna know what I think? Mandarins is what I think. If they're willing to betray their countries to die for Allah, or die for Iraq, or die for whatever cause, and they're fucking stupid enough to use themselves as human shields, against their own countries, then they deserve everything they get.

hell yeah

Firstly, the nation that has violated more UN resolutions, is the state of Israel, the united states unconditionally supports israel thus its plans to try to enforce un resolutions really means that it will only when it doesnt like said country.

Also you do realize the hipocracy of citing that the weapons inspectors are finding stuff right, there are weapons inspectors in the country and they are being given access enough to be finding stuff, so if they are finding said stuff and getting rid of it, why do we need to bomb them and kill a bunch of civies. Also they gave us an 11,000 page document and something oike 20 CDRs of info, isnt it possible for you to recognise that among all that info there is a possiblility that some minor stuff was accidentally ommitted, i garantee that if the us had to amke a full report of all its WMDs and WMD delivery systems that at the very least 100 different objects wouldnt be on the list but would exist and be found by inspectors, and another 100 wouldnt be found by inspectors but would still exist.

Websters isnt the ultimate authority on the english language, thus it is flawed. More importantly however look at the definition you gave me of murder: "the unlawful and malicious or premeditated killing of one human being by another; also, any killin done while committing some other felony, as rape or robbery.
"
Now lets look at the word : Premeditated, that means planned ahead of time, soldiers plan out their missions in detail ahead of time and plan to shoot at all the soldiers of the other side that they come in contact with unless those soldiers surrender. Thus their killing of those people is premeditiated, it is planned ahead of time in intricate detail normally with training and practice for it for years. According to your definition if a killing is premeditated it is murder, with no exceptions it says "unlawful and malicious... OR premeditated killing..." thus it is either unlawful and malicious or premeditated or all 3, still with premeditiated alone murder happened, thus soldiers who kill other soldiers in combat are murderers. Also i would claim that war tends to contain a large amount of robbery since any military equipment left on the field that isnt destroyed is siezed by the winning side in 99% of the cases causing it to be a robbery.
Games do not count in any form of set up and it matters not becuase the definition you provided clearly states without question that murder only applies to killing other human beings, last time i checked the Cats werent human. Also Christopher Blair may very well be a murderer, but I Napoleon am not since i did not do the deed in the fictional universe.

Okay bub. Let's take away all the murdering soldiers. Let's not allow them to do their jobs, which is to protect you from terrorists and countries who look to kill innocent people, like YOU! While we're at it, get rid of all the Wing Commander games, which are full of murderers. Let's see how happy you are when you live in a country like Israel, where suicide bombs kill your friends and families every day.

Originally posted by Napoleon
Firstly, the nation that has violated more UN resolutions, is the state of Israel, the united states unconditionally supports israel thus its plans to try to enforce un resolutions really means that it will only when it doesnt like said country.

last time i checked, israel's leader didn't order the murder of thousands of his own citizens and didn't use WMDs to kill thousands more of his neighbors citizens.

Also you do realize the hipocracy of citing that the weapons inspectors are finding stuff right, there are weapons inspectors in the country and they are being given access enough to be finding stuff, so if they are finding said stuff and getting rid of it, why do we need to bomb them and kill a bunch of civies. Also they gave us an 11,000 page document and something oike 20 CDRs of info, isnt it possible for you to recognise that among all that info there is a possiblility that some minor stuff was accidentally ommitted, i garantee that if the us had to amke a full report of all its WMDs and WMD delivery systems that at the very least 100 different objects wouldnt be on the list but would exist and be found by inspectors, and another 100 wouldnt be found by inspectors but would still exist.

Iraq said it had no WMDs, then the weapons inspectors find evidence that proves otherwise. and you may consider at least 14 chemical warheads 'minor stuff', but the authorities don't. as for your example, the exact same thing would be true with iraq, so that would mean there are at the very least 28 WMD delivery systems in iraq. far cry from being 0, huh.

Websters isnt the ultimate authority on the english language, thus it is flawed. More importantly however look at the definition you gave me of murder: "the unlawful and malicious or premeditated killing of one human being by another; also, any killin done while committing some other felony, as rape or robbery.
"
Now lets look at the word : Premeditated, that means planned ahead of time, soldiers plan out their missions in detail ahead of time and plan to shoot at all the soldiers of the other side that they come in contact with unless those soldiers surrender. Thus their killing of those people is premeditiated, it is planned ahead of time in intricate detail normally with training and practice for it for years. According to your definition if a killing is premeditated it is murder, with no exceptions it says "unlawful and malicious... OR premeditated killing..." thus it is either unlawful and malicious or premeditated or all 3, still with premeditiated alone murder happened, thus soldiers who kill other soldiers in combat are murderers. Also i would claim that war tends to contain a large amount of robbery since any military equipment left on the field that isnt destroyed is siezed by the winning side in 99% of the cases causing it to be a robbery.

well, first WHAT is the ultimate authority on the english language? 2nd, if you look at the definition, it said 'the unlawful and malicious or premeditated killing of one human being by another' that means the unlawful and malicious OR unlawful and premeditated...... what is the word that shows up in both? UNLAWFUL. when a soldier is at war, it is LAWFUL to kill enemy combatants, so still soldiers are not murderers. as for the robbery, siezing military equipment isn't robbery, it's called disarming. therefore, soldiers still arn't murderers.

Games do not count in any form of set up and it matters not becuase the definition you provided clearly states without question that murder only applies to killing other human beings, last time i checked the Cats werent human. Also Christopher Blair may very well be a murderer, but I Napoleon am not since i did not do the deed in the fictional universe.

well, first off, when the human race encounters aliens, i'm sure the definition will be amended to fit the changing times. 2nd, i'm not debating rather or not killing in games is murder. and third, why don't you take maniac 2's advice and drop the subject. i'm tired of telling you the same damn thing and you not listening

and phillip, you forgot to take away the police, who sometimes 'murder' a person who is about to kill some old lady. and then take away all the 'murdering' television shows. lets see how he likes watching teletubies and barney 24-7

Designed to completely bash upon the united states, WHY THE FUCK THEN DID WE DESIGN IT? why did we make it? why did we create the place?

you are showing such a skewed view its sick, the UN most of the time has been used as the US's puppet, we got them to make our defence of S. Korea legit, we got them to agree to take out Iraq the first time, etc etc etc ad nauseum. and they were right to agree each time, now that we are on the wrong side of the moral fence and are being called on it by the un you are so pissed off at them for what not agreeing to everything we ever do?

:sighs: Well, I'll be nice enough to make this my last responce to any more idiotic concepts that you spout for a while. Just because we developed the concept of the UN, does not mean that we MADE the UN. I'd say that the participation of all the countries within designed it-and if many of them are anti-American in one respect or another-then it could, dun dun dun!, become anti-American!

Um...for once, would you actually try to think our your points when you want to counter something-especially if it's not a point that's been made? :rolleyes: Due to the fact that I NEVER said I disliked the UN because of their current actions, all your doing is showing how little you care to research! I HATE the UN! They're basically useless! I said nothing about that decision coming about from their current decisions-it's just something I think/feel, and have since I was able to rationalize a political ideology!

Oh yeah, good for you Aries! At least someone tries to see that there is more to the world than the "big bad government."

Let me try and settle this arguement once and for all. If you wanna see murdering soldiers kick the crap out of terrorists, gimme a hell yeah.

Iraq said it had no WMDs, then the weapons inspectors find evidence that proves otherwise. and you may consider at least 14 chemical warheads 'minor stuff', but the authorities don't.

Hmm... I very much doubt I'd consider an empty chemical wearhead to be a weapon of mass destruction... it's a delivery system... and a delivery system with a range of a whole four miles. This isn't an issue of having found weapons of mass destruction. It's an issue of having found part of a weapons system that wasn't declared.

Also, I actually believe that these were a mistake. It's really goddamned hard to believe that anyone would think that people wouldn't find warheads in a non-secret base (an ammunitions storage base, no less), in the same base which inspectors had frequently visited and had seen the same type of weapons. It's not like reporting these weapons would have been a huge suprise to anyone. Quite seriously, in something the size of any country, it isn't odd that you'll lose track of some stuff. If this was an attempt at hiding weapons, it's the most idiotic attempts anyone has ever seen

isnt it possible for you to recognise that among all that info there is a possiblility that some minor stuff was accidentally ommitted, i garantee that if the us had to amke a full report of all its WMDs and WMD delivery systems that at the very least 100 different objects wouldnt be on the list but would exist and be found by inspectors, and another 100 wouldnt be found by inspectors but would still exist.

it's a litlle too convenient that the things that are now "missing" are weapons iraq used to claim to own, now thay have now idea what we are talking about, and have no documentation, and no evidence of being destroyed. 12 warheads can be missplaced, but 11,000 lbs of VX nerve-gas just can not be forgotten. this isn't britney spears we're talking about, these people know what weapons they have. and yes there is 11,000 lbs of VX missing from the 11,000 page doc, and cd's, a convenient brain fart...:confused:

phillip: HELL YEAH!!!

Originally posted by TC
Hmm... I very much doubt I'd consider an empty chemical wearhead to be a weapon of mass destruction... it's a delivery system... and a delivery system with a range of a whole four miles. This isn't an issue of having found weapons of mass destruction. It's an issue of having found part of a weapons system that wasn't declared.

well, the inspectors said that the warheads were in good condition. that means they have either been built recently or maintained. and you don't build or maintain chemical weapon warheads unless you have or are in the process of obtaining chemical weapons

Also, I actually believe that these were a mistake. It's really goddamned hard to believe that anyone would think that people wouldn't find warheads in a non-secret base (an ammunitions storage base, no less), in the same base which inspectors had frequently visited and had seen the same type of weapons. It's not like reporting these weapons would have been a huge suprise to anyone. Quite seriously, in something the size of any country, it isn't odd that you'll lose track of some stuff. If this was an attempt at hiding weapons, it's the most idiotic attempts anyone has ever seen

well, no one has ever said that Saddam is the smartest in the world

Some of the items banned from importation to Iraq:
http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~progress/flyers/banned.html

If Iraq wants to import any item that may have a dual use they have to run it by the UN Security Council. Any member of the Security Council can veto the item. It only takes one vote. 82% of items were rejected by the US-the rest by Britan.

And you wonder why there's not sanitation and inadequate water treatment facilities-they can't imporet the necessary equipment. Blood bags for transfusions are banned because they contain an anti-coagulent that could be exracted and used for chemical weapons. Lets not even get started on pharmaceuticals.

Yes, the resouces Iraq does have are kept in the hands of a very small few, but before you jump all over the lousy distribution of goods and services let me ask you some questions: Do you really support taking all the things from the Iraqi elite and giving them to the people?
Now, do you support single payer (universal) health care?
Are you the least bit disturbed by the fact that the gulf between the rich and poor in Iraq is not that different from every other third world country? Look at Latin America, or Southeast Asia, we're not harping on them.

And the last question (in jest): Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the communist party?

The fact that America continues to think that they can attack anyone really confuses me. We have the mentality that Germany did before WWII. We are not superior to the rest of the world. What gives us the right to have nuclear weapons? What gives us the right to tell people whether or not they can have nukes?

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
What gives us the right to have nuclear weapons? What gives us the right to tell people whether or not they can have nukes?

Because America has people in office whom we don't have to worry will run off and start a private war. America has nukes because we, the people, trust our officals enough.

If you don't like it, fine. Move the fuck to Canada.

Back